Abbeville High School (South Carolina)
|Abbeville High School|
|Abbeville, South Carolina, United States|
|School district||Abbeville parish school district|
|Average ACT scores (2007)||19|
During the 2006-2007 school year, Abbeville students in grade 10 took the High School Assessment Program (HSAP) as required by the state of South Carolina. The test, which measures "how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade,"  focuses on English/language arts and math. In English, the school scored 85% and 89% for math. The state averages are 88% and 80%, respectively.
The Graduating class of 2007 scored an average composite ACT score of 18, compared to the state average of 20 and the national average of 21. In 2006, the latest year of available data, 29% of the eligible students took the test.
As of June 2008, Abbeville's ethnic breakdown is: White (not Hispanic) 54%, Black (not Hispanic) 45%, Hispanic <1% and Asian/Pacific Islander <1%. Average spending per pupil is $8,274: $21 less than the state average.
As of 2006 it has an enrollment of 536 students.
Abbeville High School participates in 12 varsity sports throughout the year.
|Cross Country||Boys Basketball||Baseball|
In addition, Football, Baseball, Boys and Girls Basketball, and Softball participate in junior varsity programs.
The Abbeville Panthers have won 12 state championships, most recently 2011 in Football.
- "Advanced Placement Exams". Abbeville High School. GreatSchools Inc. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "HSAP Results". Abbeville High School. GreatSchools Inc. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "ACT Results". Abbeville High School. GreatSchools Inc. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Student Ethnicity". Abbeville High School. GreatSchools Inc. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "Spending Per Pupil". Abbeville High School. GreatSchools Inc. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.
- "AHS Sports". Abbeville High School. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.