|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (April 2010)|
Coordinates: The Abbey Lounge, known to Inman Square locals as The Abbeyfeale Cafe, a bar and nightclub in Somerville, Massachusetts, first opened sometime around 1907 and established after prohibition ended in 1933, closed forever in November 2008.
The first of many of the original "Abbey bands" to enter the scene was SCHNOCKERED, debuting at the Abbey Lounge every other Wednesday night beginning in March 1998 until the first official weekend production featuring headliners heavy stud, May 1, 1999.
- Tom Kielty, Boston Globe, February 2004: http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2004/02/27/the_abbey_lounge_raises_the_dive_bar
- Michael Marotta, Boston Herald, November 2008: http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view.bg?articleid=1129798
- Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/abbey-lounge-somerville
- CDbaby/SCHNOCKERED: http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Schnockered
- Tom Kielty, Boston Globe, February 2004: http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2004/02/27/the_abbey_lounge_raises_the_dive_bar/