Abdallah Bin Bayyah
|Abdullah bin Bayyah|
|Born||1935 (age 78–79)
|Residence||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
|Employer||King Abdul Aziz University|
|Religion||Sunni Islam (Maliki)|
Abdallah bin Mahfudh ibn Bayyah (born 1935) was born in Mauritania. He teaches at King Abdul Aziz University in Saudi Arabia. He is a specialist in all four traditional Sunni schools, with an emphasis on the Maliki Madh'hab.
In his youth, he was appointed to study legal judgments in Tunis. On returning to Mauritania, he became Minister of Education and later Minister of Justice. He was also appointed a Vice President of the first president of Mauritania.
Bin Bayyah is involved in number of scholarly councils including The Islamic Fiqh Council, a Saudi-based Institute, he was also the Vice-President of International Union of Muslim Scholars. from which he resigned mid 2013. He is also a member of the Dublin-based European Council for Fatwa and Research, a council of Muslim clerics that aims at explaining Islamic law in a way that is sensitive to the realities of European Muslims.
He was ranked amongst the 500 most influential Muslims from 2009 - 2013.
- Manufacturing of Fatwa and minority fiqh, 2005.
- A dialogue about human rights in Islam, 2003.
- Ideological opinions (فتاوى فكرية)
- Amaly Alddalalat (Usul alfiqh), 2003.
- Terrorism: a Diagnosis and Solutions
- The Discourse of Security in Islam and the Culture of Tolerance and Harmony
- Fatwas and Reflections
- A clarification on the various legal opinions pertaining to financial transactions
- The Benefits of Endowments
- Evidence for those suffering from illnesses on the immense Divine award that awaits them
- Aims and their Proof
Responsibilities and positions
- Director of the Global Center for Renewal & Guidance, UK
- Member of the European Research & Fatwa Council, Ireland
- Deputy President of the International Association of Muslim Scholars, Beirut
- Member if the Association of Indian Jurists, Delhi
- Member of The Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought, Jordan
- Member of the Counsel of Jurists attached to the Organisation of Islamic Conference, Jeddah
- Member of the Specialist Panel presiding over the Prince Naif ben Abdul Aziz prize for Prophetic Traditions and Islamic Studies
- Member of the Muslim League’s International High Council of Mosques, Mecca
- Member of the International Aid Organisation of Kuwait
- Member of the Lecturing Staff at the King Abdul Aziz University in Jeddah in which he is a lecturer
- Member of the High Council in the Centre for Studying the Aims of Sharia, UK
Medals and awards
- Awarded the King Abdul Aziz Medal with the Rank of Distinction
- Awarded the Jordanian Medal First Degree
- Awarded the King Abdullah II of Jordan Prize for Scholars and Callers to God, Jordan
- The Degree of the Organisation of Islamic Conference with Distinction, and others
- Awarded the Chinguetti Prize for the Category of Islamic Studies for his book “A Dialogue from Afar” 
- John Gallagher, Eric D. Patterson, Debating the War of Ideas, p 51. ISBN 0230101984
- Gerhard Böwering, Patricia Crone, Mahan Mirza, The Princeton Encyclopedia of Islamic Political Thought, p. 347. ISBN 0691134847
- John Gallagher, Eric D, Debating the War of Ideas, p 51. ISBN 0230101984
- Members list (Arabic)
- List of Members of the European Council for Fatwa and Research
- "500 Most Influential Muslims". December 8, 2013.
- Bin Bayyah's official reply to Amman Message
- Gerhard Böwering, Patricia Crone, Mahan Mirza, The Princeton Encyclopedia of Islamic Political Thought, p 347. ISBN 0691134847
- Bin Bayyah's Biography
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abdallah Bin Bayyah.|
- Abdallah bin Bayyah's Official Website (Arabic)
- A Biography of Abdallah bin Bayyah from the Deen Intensive Foundation
- With the Shaykh
- Muslims Living in Non-Muslim Lands, by Shaykh Abdallah bin Bayyah
- Muslim scholars recast jihadists' favorite fatwa
- Shaikh Bin Bayyah and Bill Gates discuss the "Global Polio Eradication Initiative" at Abu Dhabi's Vaccine Summet