Abadasa Taluka, Abrasa Taluka
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kachchh|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Abdasa|
Abdasa Taluka is a taluka (administrative subdivision) in Kutch District, Gujarat, India. Its administrative centre is the town of Naliya. The taluka covers 2,398.26 square kilometres (926 sq mi).
In the 2001 India census, Abdasa Taluka had 97,508 inhabitants, 51.0% (49,740) male and 49.0% (47,768) female. This represented a 12.9% increase from 1991. The gender ratio in 2001 was 960 females per thousand males, a significant change from the 1002 value of 1991. The taluka was entirely rural.
Points of interest
The Kutch Bustard Sanctuary, also known as Lala–Parjan Sanctuary, is located in the taluka. With an area of about only 2 square kilometers, it is the smallest sanctuary in the country. There are approximately 30 Great Indian Bustards here, second in population only to Desert National Park, Rajasthan.
Also Abdasa Taluka is a major pilgrimage center for Jains as it holds their sacred and famous five temples located in five towns of taluka - Jakhau, Naliya, Tera, Kothara and Suthari - which are in group known as Abdasa ni Panchtirthi - meaning five tirthas of Abdasa.
Abdasa Taluka is drained by three rivers namely - Khari river, Kankavati river and Berachiya river.
- "Assembly Constituencies-Post delimitation, State: Gujarat, District: Ahmadabad" (PDF). National Information Centre, Government of India.
- "Kachchh District Panchayat: Taluka Panchayat". Kutch District. Archived from the original on 15 September 2012.
- "Districtwise / Talukawise Salient Features of Population Statistics (1991 and 2001): Gujarat" (PDF). Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Government of Gujarat. p. 7.
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Gujarat: Kuchchh: Abdasa". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Munjpara, S. B.; Jethva, B. and Pandey, C. N. (2011). "Distribution of the Indian Bustard Ardeotis nigriceps (Gruiformes: Otididae) in Gujarat State, India". Journal of Threatened Taxa 3 (9): 2090–2094. doi:10.11609/jott.o2756.2090-4.
- Dutta, S.; Rahmani, A. R. and Jhala, Y. V. (2010). "Running out of time? The great Indian bustard Ardeotis nigriceps—status, viability, and conservation strategies". European Journal of Wildlife Research 57 (3): 615. doi:10.1007/s10344-010-0472-z.
- "Photographs: Naliya Birds". India Nature Watch.
- Kutch by India. Superintendent of Census Operations, Gujarat. Director, Government Print. and Stationery, Gujarat State. 1964. p. 53.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of Abdasa, Kachchh, Gujarat". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- "Villages of Abdasa Taluka". Kutch District. Archived from the original on 7 July 2012.
- "અબડાસા તાલુકા પંચાયત (Abadasa Taluka Panchayat)" (in Gujarati). Kutch District. Archived from the original on 14 October 2012.
|This article about a location in Kachchh District, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|