عبد الوهاب عبد الله
|Abdelwahab Abdallah with Condoleezza Rice|
|Minister of Foreign Affairs of Tunisia|
17 August 2005 – 14 January 2010
|President||Zine El Abidine Ben Ali|
|Preceded by||Abdelbaki Hermassi|
|Succeeded by||Kamel Morjane|
|Minister of Information of Tunisia|
14 February 1940 |
Abdelwahab Abdallah (Arabic: عبد الوهاب عبد الله; born 14 February 1940) is a Tunisian politician and diplomat who served as the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Tunisia and was advisor to the President.
Before Zine El Abidine Ben Ali was elected the president in 1987, Abdallah was the Minister of Information of Tunisia under Habib Bourguiba. Abdallah was in office until 1988. From 1988 to 1990 he served as the Ambassador of Tunisia to Great Britain. As a member of Constitutional Democratic Rally, he was a close aid to the president of Tunisia since 1990 on economic issues. and led several Tunisian press agencies. He became foreign minister in a cabinet reshuffle on 17 August 2005. His successor, Kamel Morjane was appointed Foreign Minister of Tunisia by President Ben Ali on 14 January 2010.
Following Tunisian protests in 2010-2011, he was removed from his post on 13 January 2011. Abdallah was subsequently put under house arrest on 24 January 2011 while the investigations are ongoing.
- Larbi Sadiki (27 September 2010). "Bin Ali Baba Tunisia's last bey?". Al Jazeera. Archived from the original on 14 October 2010. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- "Abdallah, Abdelwahab". Rulers. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Positive Signals from The GOT Represent Opportunity for the U.s.". Wikileaks. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Tunisia's president vows prices' slash, media freedom". Al Arabiya. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Ben Ali allies detained". Post Gazette. 25 January 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Ben Ali’s Two Former Ministers were Arrested". 24 January 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- "Tunisia". Wikileaks. 28 May 2008. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
|This article about a Tunisian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|