Abderite Theatre Company
Ewan Cameron, Creative Director
Ewan studied Contemporary Theatre Practice at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music Drama. After graduating he set up Abderite Productions - a theatre company originally based in Glasgow, now in Aberdeen. Outside Abderite, he has worked with some of the UK's leading theatre companies and works as a tutor and director at Mitchell School of Drama (MSD) and HM Youth Theatre. He has run National Theatre of Scotland workshops at the Aberdeen International Youth Festival.
Rhona Mitchell, Director
Rhona founded the Mitchell School of Drama (MSD) in Inverurie in 1983. She has worked professionally on radio and stage for 25 years. A freelance voice coach, drama tutor and director since 1982, working at Scottish Television, BBC Scotland and many theatres across Scotland. She directed 'Gobi's Eyes' for Abderite in 2004, and 'Ouch' in 2005 and produced the first Garioch Theatre Festival in April 2005.
Abderite produces work for schools as well as stand-alone theatre:
- Smoking the Bar, The Tron, Glasgow - April 2003
- Gobi's Eyes, The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen - 2004
- Spik Nae Evil (schools production) - 2005/6
- Ouch, The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen - 2005
- Gertrude's Son, The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen - June 2006
- The Secret Diary of Mary Queens of Scots - 2006/7
- I Only Want to Help You, Lassie The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen work-in-progress - 2007
- Bogies, Brains and Bile The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen (schools production)- 2009
- Letters from a Warchild (schools production)- 2009
- The Lighthouse Film Project (schools project) - 2009
- Fathers & Eggs (schools production) - 2009/10
- "Abderite Theatre Company". read-facts-about.com. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Ewan Cameron's Page - The Future Playground". thefutureplayground.com. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Theatres in Scotland by City: Theatres in Aberdeen, Theatres in Dundee, Theatres in Edinburgh, Theatres in Kilmarnock, Traverse Theatre". barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 13 February 2014.