|Abdisalam Mohamed Issa-Salwe
عبدالسلام عيسى صالوي
|Notable work(s)||The Failure of The Daraawiish State (1993) ,
The Collapse of the Somali State (1996) ,
Cold War Fallout (2000,)
Orality and Computer-mediated communication, (2010)
Electronic Communication and an Oral Culture (2010)
Abdisalam Issa-Salwe is currently an Asst. Professor in Information Systems in the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering at Taibah University in Medina, Saudi Arabia. Between June 2003 to June 2008, he was a lecturer in Information Systems at Thames Valley University in the United Kingdom, and between 1992 to early 2003 he also worked as an Information Technology lecturer in the Training & Employment Centre of the British Refugee Council.
Before joining Taibah University, he was a Lecturer at Thames Valley University, UK. He graduated with a Ph.D. in Information Management from Thames Valley University, UK. His research interests include: Systems thinking to information systems development, evaluation and management, Information Security.
- MSc in Computing & Information Systems from School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, University of Greenwich, London, UK), and
- MA in Political Studies from School of Humanities & Social Sciences (University of Greenwich, London, UK).
Issa-Salwe's primary areas of research interest include information systems management and implications of systems thinking in complex problem formulation and systems design. He is engaged in the research field of information management, using systems thinking as a worldview.
Issa-Salwe is also a specialist in political history and matters pertaining to the Horn of Africa, and has published several works dealing with the region in general within the field of Somali Studies.(Dool, 2004)
1. The Collapse of the Somali State: The Impact of the Colonial Legacy, Haan Associates Publishers, 1996
2. Cold War Fallout: Boundary Politics and Conflict in The Horn of Africa, Haan Associates Publishers, 2000
3. Oral Culture and Computer Mediated Communication: Social Dynamics of Mailing Lists, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken 2010
4. Electronic Communication and an Oral Culture: The Web Dynamics of Social Web Environment Case Study, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken 2010
I. Journal Publications
1. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, “Organizational Planning for Information Systems Strategies”, Journal of E-Technology, 49-53, Vol. 2, Issue 2, May 2011
2. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, “A supplementary web-based open-learning model for undergraduate projects”, The International Journal of Information Studies (IJIS), Volume 3, Number 3, July 2011.
3. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, “Setting up a Secure Information System Using Information Security Management”, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computer Science (IJRRCS), Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2011.
4. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe and Khalid Aloufi. “A prototype Information Systems Centric Curriculum Model”. International Journal of Information Studies, Vol. 3, Issue 2, April, 2011, Pages 76–81.
5. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, Lukman Sharif and Munir Ahmed, “Strategic Information Systems Planning as the Centre of Information Systems Strategies”, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computer Science (IJRRCS), Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2011.
6. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe and Munir Ahmed. “Risk Management of an Information System by Assessing Threat, Vulnerability and Countermeasure”, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computer Science (IJRRCS). Vol. 2, No. 1. March 2011.
7. Lukman Sharif, Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, and Munir Ahmed, “Terrestrial High Definition Television (HDTV)”, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Information Technology (IJRRIT), Vol. 1, No. 1, March 2011.
8. Muhammad Kabir, Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe and Munir Ahmed, “Modelling and Simulation: Implementing Selective Catalytic Reduction Catalyst for Removal of Nitrogen Oxides from Exhaust Gas of Combustion Engines”, International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modelling and Testing, (IJVSMT), InderScience, Vol. 5, No.4 pp. 358 – 378. 2010.
9. Muhammad Noman Kabir, Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe and Prof. Munir Ahmed: “Simplified Model of Combustion Process in a Diesel Engine for Real Time Operation”, International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modelling and Testing, (IJVSMT), InderScience, Vol. 5, No.4 pp. 358 – 378. 2010.
10. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, Munir Ahmed, Khalid Aloufi and Muhammad Kabir: ”Strategic Information Systems Alignment: Alignment of IS/IT with Business Strategy”, Journal of Information Processing Systems, Vol.6, No.1, March 2010.
11. Munir Ahmed, L. Sharif, A. Issa-Salwe, and A. Alharby (2010), “Information Security: Securing a Network Device with Passwords to Protect Information”, "Trends in Information Management (TRIM)", Vol. 6, Issue 1, pp 62–76, Jan-Jun 2010.
12. Muhammad Nomani Kabir, Yasser Alginahi, Munir Ahmed and Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe. “Real Time Systems: Parameter Identification for Speed Sensor Wheels”. International Journal of Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Engineering (IJATCSE), Volume 1, No. 2. June 2012.
II. Conferences/Workshops Publications
1. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, “Developing an Information Systems Curriculum Model, Proceedings of AIS SIG-ED IAIM 2011 Conference, 2011” - Shanghai, China (December 2011).
2. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, “Somali Diaspora and the Adoption of the Internet Technologies”, Somali Media and Diaspora Workshop, Programme in Comparative Media Law & Policy, Oxford University, Oxford, June 29–30, 2011.
3. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe and Khalid Aloufi, “Integrating Competitive Advantage with Strategic Information Systems Planning: A Review”, Business and Information Proceedings, Volume 8, Issue 1, 2011, Academy of Taiwan Information Systems Research, Bangkok, Thailand.
4. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe and Khalid Aloufi, “An Information Systems Centric Curriculum Model Based on ACM and AIS and the Guiding Principles of ABET”, Proceeding of International Conference on Information Technology and e-Services, ICITeS’2011, 316-320. April 10–12, Sousse, Tunisia
5. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, “The Significance of Strategic Information Systems Planning to Information Systems Strategies”, Proceeding of International Conference on Information Technology and e-Services, ICITeS’2011, April 10–12, Sousse, Tunisia.
6. Mohamed A. Azim, Mohamed Noman Kabir, Munir Ahmed, Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, (2009): “Availability Analysis of M:N Protection System in WDM Networks”, The Fourth International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technologies and Applications (ICTU 2009), IEEE Conference, Fukuoka, Japan, Dec. 20-22, 2009.
III. Publications Related to my Dissertation
1. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, M. Ahmed, M. N. Kabir, L. Sharif and M. A. Azim (2009), “Computer-Mediated Communication: Mailing List as Modern Meeting Place”, Trends in Information Management, 5:2, 76-110, July–December 2009.
2. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe. “The Internet Medium and Poetry Transmission: The Poetry Combat of Doodwanaag”, Halabuur Centre for Culture and Communication, 2: 1, 12-19. 2009.
3. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe and Anthony Olden. “Somali Web Sites, History and Politics, Aslib Proceedings”, Information Management Journal, 60: 6, 570-582. 2008.
4. Abdisalam M. Issa-Salwe, “The Internet and the Somali Diaspora: The Web as a Means of Expression”, Bildhaan, Journal of Somali Studies: Vol. 6, Article 8. 2006.
- Electronic Communication and an Oral Culture: The Dynamics of Somali Websites and Mailing Lists – unpublished doctoral dissertation, Thames Valley University, UK, November 2005
- Dool, p.22.
- Dool, Abdullahi (2000). Somalia: a creative political philosophy for the new Somali generation, Issue 3 of Somalia (London, England). Horn Heritage Publications.