Abdul Qavi Desnavi
|Abdul Qavi Desnavi
1 November 1930|
|Died||7 July 2011
Abdul Qavi Desnavi (Urdu: عبدالقوى دسنوى, 1 November 1930 – 7 July 2011) was an Indian Urdu language writer, critic, bibliographer, and linguist. He has written many books on Urdu literature. His important work was about Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Mirza Ghalib and Allama Muhammad Iqbal. He was awarded with several awards for his literary work.
Desnavi was born in village Desna, Bihar of block Asthawan in Nalanda district Bihar. to the family of Muslim scholar Syed Sulaiman Nadvi, who was one of the eminent historian and biographers of the prophet Muhammad Desnavi was the son of Syed Mohammed Saeed Raza, who was Professor of Urdu, Arabic and Persian languages in St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. Desnavi had two brothers,elder Prof. Syed Mohi Raza and younger Syed Abdul Wali Desnavi.
Desnavi got his primary education in Arrah town of Bihar state. He completed his Graduation and Post Graduation in First Division from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. He joined Urdu department in Saifia Post Graduate College in February 1961. He became Professor and head of the Urdu department of Saifia College. He was a well known literary figure in India and in the Urdu world. After his retirement in 1990, he held many honorary positions as,
- Additional Principal of Saifia Post Graduate College, Bhopal.(1983–1985)
- Secretary of Madhya Pradesh Urdu Academy, Bhopal (1991–92)
- Elected Member Majlis E Aam Anjuman Taraqqui Urdu (Hind), New Delhi (1979–1984
- Member of All India Anjuman Taraqui Urdu Board, New Delhi (1977–1978)
- Member of Program Advisory Committee, All India Radio, Bhopal (1978–1979)
- Member Executive Council, Barkatullah University Bhopal (1980–1982)
- Chairman of Board of Studies,Urdu, Persian & Arabic, Barkatullah University Bhopal (1977–1980) and (1984–1985)
- Dean Faculty of Arts, Barkatullah University Bhopal (1980–1982)
- Member Working Committee, Taj-ul-Masajid, Bhopal
- Allama Iqbal Bhopal Mein, publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal (1967)
- Bhopal Aur Ghalib, publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal (1969)
- Nuskha-E-Bhopal Aur Nuskha-A-Bhopal Sani, publisher, Dept. of Urdu Saifia College,Bhopal (1970)
- Motala—E—Khotoot—E—Ghalib (1975) (Edition 2nd) (1979)
- Iqbal Uneesween Sadi Mein, publisher, Naseem Book Depot, (1977)
- Iqbal Aur Dilli, Publisher Nai Awaz Jamia Nagar New Delhi (1978)
- Iqbal Aur Darul Iqbal Bhopal, publisher, Naseem Book Depot, (1983)
- Iqbaliat Ki Talash, Makataba Jamia, (1984)
- Iqbaliat Ki Talash, publisher, Globe Publishers, Urdu Bazar Lahore, Pakistan (1985)
- Abul Kalam Azad Urdu, Publisher Sahitya Akademi(1987)
- Maulana Abul Kalam Mohiuddin Ahmad Azad Dehlavi (1988)
- Talash—E—Azad, publisher, Maharashtra Urdu Academy
- Hayat Abul Kalam Azad (2000),Publisher, Modern Publishing House New Delhi.
- "Noted Urdu Litterateur Abdul Qavi Desnavi Dead". OutLookIndia.com. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Abdul Qavi Desnavi (professor)". KhojKhabarNews.com. 23 February 2010. Retrieved 16 February 2012.[dead link]
- "Noted Scholar Qavi Desnavi is no more". The IndianAwaaz.com. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Noted Urdu litterateur". IbnLive.in.com. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.