Abdul Rahman Dahlan
|Yang Berhormat Dato'
Abdul Rahman Dahlan
|Malaysian Minister of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government|
16 May 2013
|Preceded by||Chor Chee Heung (Housing and Local Government)
Raja Nong Chik Zainal Abidin (Urban Wellbeing)
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Kota Belud, Sabah
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Salleh Tun Said (UMNO—BN)|
|Political party||UMNO—Barisan Nasional|
Dato' Abdul Rahman Dahlan is a Malaysian politician. He is the Minister of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government and currently the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Kota Belud constituency in Sabah, representing the United Malay National Organisation party.
Abdul Rahman was elected to federal Parliament in the 2008 election for the UMNO-held seat of Kota Belud, after UMNO dropped its incumbent member Salleh Tun Said. Before his election he was a party official for UMNO. After his election, Abdul Rahman claimed that the opposition People's Justice Party offered him a bribe to defect from UMNO.
|2008||Abdul Rahman Dahlan (UMNO)||17,842||52%||Saidil @ Saidi bin Simoi (PKR)||14,822||44%|
|2013||Abdul Rahman Dahlan (UMNO)||21,768||55%||Isnaraissah Munirah Majilis (PKR)||16,673||47%|
- "Abdul Rahman bin Haji Dahlan, Y.B. Dato' Haji". Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 March 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Amir Kahar, Salleh axed but 'controversial' Bung included in Umno list". The Star (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 22 February 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Sabah Umno's new faces vow to work hard". Daily Express (Malaysia). 22 February 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Kota Belud MP offered big sum claim". The Star (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 15 May 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Full minister a big responsibility – Abdul Rahman". The Borneo Post. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.