Abdullah bin Khalid Al Thani
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (June 2010)|
Abdullah bin Khalid bin Hamad bin Abdullah bin Jassim bin Muhammed Al Thani (عبد الله بن خالد آل ثاني) was the former minister of interior of Qatar. He is a member of the House of Al Thani. He is the brother of Sheik Hamad bin Khalid Al Thani.
Al Thani has 25 sons by several wives.
Al Thani is deeply religious member of the royal family. He was Qatar’s minister of religious affairs in 1996. During his tenure as minister of religious affairs he sheltered Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and helped him to evade capture by the U.S. FBI in 1996 when the FBI closed in on him in connection with the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the Bojinka Plot. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed later became more closely associated with the al-Qaeda organization and went on to mastermind the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- "Qatar’s new PM Shaikh Abdullah bin Nasser Al Thani". Khaleej Times. AFP. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- Jeffrey Dressler; Isaac Hock (6 April 2012). "Releasing Taliban detainees: A misguided path to peace". Understanding War. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Context of 'January-May 1996: US Fails to Capture KSM Living Openly in Qatar'". History Commons. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- Barrett, Wayne (20 November 2007). "Rudy's Ties to a Terror Sheikh". The Village Voice. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- MotherJones Blog: Village Voice: Giuliani Did Business With Terrorism Supporter
- Baram, Marcus (29 November 2007). "Giuliani’s Ties to Qatar Raise Questions for Mr. 9/ll". ABC News. Retrieved 29 September 2012.