Abe Garver presenting “Selling Your Company: Preparing For The Pre- And Post-Sale World” at the Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition on June 5, 2012
|Alma mater||University of Southern California, Manderson Graduate School|
|Occupation||M&A Investment Banker, Television Commentator, and Speaker|
Abe Garver holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business, Master’s Degree in Finance from the Manderson Graduate School and is registered with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) as a General Securities Representative (Series 7 and 63) and a Limited Representative – Investment Banking (Series 79).
Garver is the Managing Director of BG Strategic Advisors. Previous to his position with BGSA, he has worked for Focus Investment Bank, Merrill Lynch’s M&A Technology Group and Ernst & Young’s Business Valuation Group. In 2012 Garver was a featured speaker at the eighth Annual Internet Retailer Conference. His speaking topic was, Selling your Company: Preparing for the Pre- and Post-sale World.
Abe Garver is also a business and financial contributor to Seeking Alpha and Forbes.com. In Forbes Garver has written about e-commerce, m-commerce, M&A trends, valuation, Internet taxation, entrepreneurship, IPOs, and other topics. In Seeking Alpha, Garver has written about participant motivations in M&A transactions, repercussions of changes to long-term capital gains rates, and the importance of gross margin expansion to valuation. As an on-air contributor to Bloomberg Television, Garver has given advice on e-commerce industries, in addition to discussing his work helping to raise capital for or sell e-commerce companies. He has also discussed the concept of Showrooming and its affect on the health of both brick and mortar as well as online retailers. As on on-air contributor to Fox Business Network he has discussed strategies relating to selling technology companies as well as trends in electronic commerce, including TV-commerce, same day delivery by online stores, shoppable windows, and user specialization.
In addition to his professional pursuits, he is a member of The University Club of New York, Governor Emeritus of the University of Southern California Alumni Association and President Emeritus of the New York City Chapter.
- "Our Team". Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Garver" Focus Bankers Accessed 2 May 2012
- Tamkia, Cody "E-retailers to Merge?" The Middle Market Accessed 2 May 2012
- "Will TV-Commerce Be the Next Big Thing?". Fox Business Network. June 5, 2013. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Speaker" Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition Accessed 2 May 2012
- "Finra BrokerCheck" Brokercheck.finra.org Accessed 2 May 2012
- "Abe Garver: About". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Amazon's Growth Story Continues And Will Pay Off". Seeking Alpha. June 27, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Abe Garver: Moving the Markets". Forbes. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- Pimm Fox (October 8, 2012). "Garver: E-Commerce Concerns Me, Valuations & Taxes". Bloomberg TV. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Is `Showrooming,' `Price-Matching Hurting' Retail?". Bloomberg TV. November 27, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Club Officers" Newyork.uscalumniclubs.org Accessed 2 May 2012