Abellio (London & Surrey)
|Service area||Greater London
|Service type||Bus services|
Abellio London and Abellio Surrey are bus companies operating services in Greater London and Surrey. They are subsidiaries of Abellio and operate services under contract to Transport for London and Surrey County Council.
The origins of Abellio can be traced back to June 1998 when National Express commenced operating routes C1 and 211 under the Travel London brand. In August 2000 National Express sold the business to Limebourne Buses, who in July 2001 sold out to Connex. In February 2004 National Express repurchased the business. Further expansion in 2005 saw the purchases of the London bus operations of Tellings-Golden Miller with a depot in Byfleet and various Surrey County Council contracts.
Travel London operated contracts on behalf of Transport for London, Surrey County Council, and Kingston University. Operations were split between three registered companies; Travel London Limited, Travel London (Middlesex) Limited, and Travel London (West) Limited. The Surrey routes were rebranded as Travel Surrey in September 2007.
In May 2009 National Express sold Travel London to Abellio. The sale included 66 routes, 36 Transport for London tendered services and 30 Surrey County Council and Kingston University routes. All vehicles, depots and staff were included.
On 30 October 2009 the businesses were rebranded as Abellio London and Abellio Surrey.
Beddington Cross (BC)
On 30 October 2009, Abellio London commenced operating route 407.
On 1 May 2010, Abellio London commenced operating route 322.
On 3 March 2012, Abellio London commenced operating route 455.
On 19 May 2012, Abellio London commenced operating route T33.
This garage was established by predecessor Limebourne in the late 1990s. Travel London's original bus garage was situated further north towards Stewarts Lane railway depot which was the home of the Gatwick Express, a rail franchise then operated by its parent National Express. Connex moved into these premises after purchasing the Limebourne business in July 2001.
On 21 November 2009, Abellio London commenced operating route 414.
On 19 March 2011, Abellio London commenced operating route C10.
On 11 February 2012, routes 3 and N3 were transferred from Beddington Cross. On 28 April 2012, Abellio London commenced operating route C2.
On 6 September 2014, Abellio London commenced operating route 49. 
Originally a site acquired by the London County Council for its electric trams, it was known as Camberwell Tram depot until 1950 when its name was changed to Walworth with the arrival of buses. This was to avoid confusion with Camberwell Garage located opposite the Walworth garage. Major rebuilding took place during the 1950s to repair bomb damage from the World War II during which time some buses were worked out of Camberwell.
In the late 1960s the garage assumed operation of the Red Arrow routes with AEC Merlins and later Leyland Nationals until its closure in 1985. Following the closure of the Victoria and Ash Grove garages, from 1987 Walworth operated the Red Arrow routes for a short time until the Waterloo garage was ready.
During the early 1990s the garage once again re-opened, this time for the Londonlinks operation of routes 78 and 176. The Cowie Group undertook a major restructure a few years later which once again saw closure of Walworth garage in 1997. The garage was owned by the Go-Ahead Group and they leased it out.
The garage lay dormant for the next six years until late 2003 when work started on refurbishing the garage for Travel London, who needed more garage space after some contract wins.
On 23 June 2012, routes 35 and N35 were transferred from Battersea garage.
Abellio London will takeover the operation of route 415 on 7 March 2015. 
Byfleet (BF) - Abellio Surrey
This garage holds 50 buses and is the base for several Surrey County Council tendered routes as well as some commercial services.
This garage was operated by Tellings-Golden Miller and was sold to National Express in June 2005. It was rebranded as Travel Surrey in September 2007 and ran buses in a livery of white with a red skirt. Renamed Travel London, in September 2007 it was rebranded as Travel Surrey. In October 2009 it was rebranded Abellio Surrey.
Fulwell bus garage operates London bus routes 117, 235, 290, 481, 490, 969, H20, H25, H26, K1, K3, R68 and R70. The garage is split into two sections, with northern half used by London United and the southern half used by Abellio. A part of Abellio's section is used by London United for the route 33's termination point.
On 31 December 2011, Abellio London commenced operating route U9.
On 31 May 2014, Abellio London commenced operating route E1.
- National Express buys 200 London buses The Telegraph 27 February 2004
- National Express Group purchases the London Bus Division of Tellings Golden Miller National Express corporate news 1 June 2005
- Companies House extract company no 3786162 Abellio London Limited
- Companies House extract company no 3792590 Travel London (Middlesex) Limited
- Companies House extract company no 689260 Abellio West London Limited
- National Express Group plc agreement to sell Travel London National Express Group 21 May 2009
- NedRailways acquisition reinforces long term commitment to UK transport market NedRailways 9 June 2009
- NedRailways announces launch Abellio London and Abellio Surrey NedRailways 30 October 2009
- Bus tender results Route 407 Transport for London 13 May 2009
- Bus tender results Route 322 Transport for London 14 September 2009
- Bus tender results Route 455 Transport for London 5 May 2011
- Bus tender results Route T33 Transport for London 3 August 2011
- Bus tender results Route 434 Transport for London 31 January 2013
- Forthcoming planned services changes londonbusroutes.net 24 March 2014
- Optare Excels: Travel London, Limebourne, Connex Ian's Bus Stop
- Bus tender results Route 414 Transport for London 13 May 2009
- Bus tender results Route C10 Transport for London 12 July 2010
- Bus tender results Route C2/NC2 Transport for London 18 August 2011
- Bus tender results Route 172 Transport for London 12 July 2010
- Bus tender results Route 484 Transport for London 12 July 2010
- "London Omnibus Traction Society". Lots.org.uk. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Fulwell Depot: Teddington". The Twickenham Museum. 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Bus tender results Route 117 Transport for London 20 December 2010
- Bus tender results Route 290 Transport for London 8 April 2011
- Bus tender results Route K1 Transport for London 16 November 2012
- Bus tender results Route K3 Transport for London 16 November 2012
- Bus tender results Route U9 Transport for London 8 April 2011
- "Forthcoming planned service changes". London Bus Routes. 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Bus tender results Route 112 Transport for London 21 November 2013
- Media related to Travel London buses under NedRailways ownership at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to Travel Surrey buses under NedRailways ownership at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to Travel Surrey (bus company) at Wikimedia Commons
- Abellio London & Surrey website
- Abellio website