|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Years active||1993–1995, 2001–2005, 2011|
|Labels||Sarah Records (1994-1995)
Sunday Records (1995)
Tremolo Arm Users Club (2001-2005)
|Associated acts||Trembling Blue Stars
|Past members||John Girgus
The band formed in 1993 and by 1994 was signed to the seminal British label Sarah Records; they were one of the only American acts on Sarah. Aberdeen also released recordings through Sunday Records and the Tremolo Arm Users Club. After Sarah folded in 1995, so did the band. They reformed in 2001, signed to Tremolo, and released a full-length album, Homesick and Happy to be Here, two singles, and a maxi-CD (see discography below).
Possibly the band's biggest exposure came when one of their songs, 'Sink or Float' was featured on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The song was also included on the UK edition of the series's second soundtrack album, Radio Sunnydale.
Aberdeen broke up again in 2005 as their members drifted to other projects, though they released a career retrospective CD, What Do I Wish for Now? (Singles + Extras 1994–2004), the following year on LTM. Lead singer Beth Arzy has also been a member of Trembling Blue Stars since 2000, and contributed to albums by The Occasional Keepers.
Aberdeen has announced a special reunion show at The San Francisco Pop Fest on 05/26/2011. Aberdeen also performed at EchoPlex in Los Angeles, opening for 14 Iced Bears and Phil Wilson on 6/5/11, and are currently touring Europe.
- Homesick and Happy to Be Here (Tremolo Arm Users Club, 2002)
- What Do I Wish for Now? (Singles + Extras 1994–2004) (LTM Recordings, 2006)
- 'Toy Tambourine' (Sarah Records, 1994)
- 'Fireworks' (Sarah Records, 1995)
- 'Snapdragon' (Sunday Records, 1995)
- 'Sink or Float' (Tremolo Arm Users Club, 2002)
- 'The Boy Has Gone Away' (Tremolo Arm Users Club, 2003)
- 'Florida' (Tremolo Arm Users Club, 2005)