Rural Municipality of Aberdeen No. 373
Aberdeen No. 373 (2006 Population 765) is a rural municipality in north-central Saskatchewan, Canada on the South Saskatchewan River encompassing 673.43 square kilometers in area. It is located in census Division No. 15. The rural municipality has within its boundaries the Town of Aberdeen which has its own municipal council. Edenburg, Laniwci, Strawberry Hills, and Strawberry Ridge are a part of the R.M. for civic matters. The rural municipality in conjunction with the provincial government is in charge of maintenance of highways in its area. As well, the municipality provides policing, fire protection and municipal governance for the rural district, with a reeve as its administrator.
Major industry in the rural municipality include the Dreyfus Inland Grain Terminal (near CN line), Horizon Seed Processors pulse crop facility (also near the CN line) and the Hold On Industries manufacturing facility. The area economy is dominated by agriculture.
- N/A=Not Available
|Visible minorities and Aboriginal population|
|Canada 2006 Census||Population||% of Total Population|
|Visible minority group
|Mixed visible minority||0||0|
|Other visible minority||0||0|
|Total visible minority population||10||1.3|
|Total Aboriginal population||10||1.3|
The rural municipality provides police, health, education and highway maintenance services to the rural areas within its townships. The services may be provided from one of the following communities within the municipality boundaries.
Saskatchewan Railways and Railway Stations
(historic or current)
Saskatchewan Highways and Roads
- For more information see also List of Saskatchewan provincial highways
As the RM is responsible for snow removal, upkeep and repair in conjunction with the provincial highway department, this are the main Saskatchewan highways served by Aberdeen No. 373
- Highway 27—serves Vonda to Aberdeen
- Highway 41—serves Alvena to Saskatoon
- Highway 784—Highway 4 to Highway 41 near Aberdeen
- Highway 785—Highway 12 to Highway 41 near Aberdeen
- Bettker Road, Saskatchewan—travels North-South intersects Highway 41
- Bergheim Road, Saskatchewan—travels East-West intersects Betken Road and Highway 41
- Drager Road, Saskatchewan—North side of highway.
- Gordon Road, Saskatchewan—South side of highway.
- Edenburg Road, Saskatchewan
- Old Trail Road, Saskatchewan
Location relative to other Rural Municipalities
There are 298 rural local governments which are also called rural municipalities. They join from border to border with each other so that the entirety of the province of Saskatchewan has either a rm or urban municipal government to provide basic services.
There is one historical building located within the rural municipality, the St. Paul's Bergheim Evangelical Lutheran Church constructed in 1919 by early immigrants from Germany. The church is located on a 12-hectare parcel of land on Bergheim Road. The church is still in use.
- Sask Biz
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- Community Profiles from the 2006 Census, Statistics Canada - Census Subdivision
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Eversoft Streets and Trips
- Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities
- St. Paul's Bergheim Evangelical Lutheran Church Heritage Property Details
- Rural Municipality of Aberdeen #373
- MRD - Municipal Status Information - Rural Municipality
- Saskatoon Gen Web
- Saskatchewan Genealogy Society Rural Municipality Locator
- Saskatchewan Road Map Travel Guide: #41 Saskatoon to Melfort
- Aberdeen No.373's population data.