|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|Inside of northbound bore.|
|Location||Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong|
|Start||Wong Chuk Hang|
|Opened||March 12, 1982|
|Owner||Hong Kong Link|
|Operator||Transport and Housing Bureau|
|Vehicles per day||64,313|
|Length||1.9 kilometres (1.2 mi)|
|Number of lanes||4|
|Operating speed||70 kilometres per hour (43 mph)|
Aberdeen Tunnel (Chinese: 香港仔隧道; pinyin: Xiānggǎngzǎi Suìdào; Cantonese Yale: heung1 gong2 jai2 seui6 dou6) is a two-tube tunnel linking Happy Valley and Wong Chuk Hang near Aberdeen on the Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong. It shortens the travel time between the north and the south of the Hong Kong Island. It connects the Wong Chuk Hang Road in the south, and Canal Road Flyover in the north. The toll plaza is at the Wong Chuk Hang end.
Aberdeen Tunnel is currently managed by Serco Group (HK) Limited.
Bus routes that go via the tunnel:
- New World First Bus: 38, 42, 42C, 65, 590, 590A
- Citybus: 6A, 6X, 37A, 37B, 37X, 70, 70M, 70P, 72, 72A, 75, 77, 90, 90C, 96, 97, 99, 99X, 107, 107P, 170, 171, 171A, 171P, 260, 592, 629, 629A, 629S, 671, N72, N90, N170, N171
- Public light bus: 4A, 4B, 4C, 35M, 36X, 39M, 40, 69, 69X
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aberdeen Tunnel.|
- "Transport in Hong Kong - Tunnels and Bridges". Transport Department of the Government of Hong Kong. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Monthly Traffic and Transport Digest August 2012 - Table 3.2(b): Aberdeen Tunnel". Transport Department of the Government of Hong Kong. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
Hong Kong Route 1 Chronology
Wong Chuk Hang Road
|Aberdeen Tunnel||Succeeded by
Canal Road (Flyover)