Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
|Formation||October 1, 2009|
|Type||Local Health Board|
|Headquarters||1 Talbot Gateway, Baglan Energy Park, Baglan, Port Talbot, SA12 7BR|
|Bridgend county borough, Neath Port Talbot, Swansea, Western Vale of Glamorgan and Ystradgynlais (Powys)|
|Remarks||Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board is the operational name of Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Local Health Board|
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board (ABM) (Welsh: Bwrdd lechyd Prifysgol Abertawe Bro Morgannwg) is local health board in Wales. ABM covers Bridgend county borough, Neath Port Talbot, Swansea, the western part of Vale of Glamorgan and Ystradgynlais in Powys.
Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board was formally created on 1 October 2009 when ABM University NHS Trust formally merged with the Local Health Boards of Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend. The headquarters for ABM University NHS Trust was located in Baglan Bay and the first Chief Executive was Paul Williams. ABM University NHS Trust was in turn formed on 1 April 2008 from the merger of Swansea NHS Trust and Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust.
ABM is the largest Heath Board in Wales, serving 600,000 people and employing 16,000 staff. The health board has a budget of more than £1.3 billion, has 18 hospitals and 46 community clinics and health centres, and is a designated university trust linked to Swansea University. Training centres are located at Singleton Hospital, Morriston Hospital and Phillips Parade Children's Orthopaedic Clinic.
Acute hospitals are shown in bold, clinics are shown in italics:
- Angelton Clinic - an Elderly, Mentally Infirm (EMI) unit looking after elderly patients mainly those with Alzheimer's disease there are currently three wards; Ward One, Two and Three. There is also a facility in Bridgend called Cefn Yr Afon.
- Caswell Clinic - medium secure unit based on the site of Glanrhyd Hospital, there are five wards Tenby, Penarth, Ogmore, Cardigan and Newton ward.
- Cefn Coed Hospital - psychiatric hospital
- Cimla Hospital - elderly care and rehabilition centre for patients of Neath Port Talbot Hospital
- Clydach Hospital - provides a range of clinical services
- Fairwood Hospital - continuing care centre for patients of Singleton Hospital and Morriston Hospital, includes care beds for local GPs
- Garngoch Hospital - elderly care
- Gellinudd Hospital - elderly care and rehabilitation hospital in Pontardawe
- Glanrhyd Hospital - provides continuing care facilities and mental health services, has day care unit, located in Penyfai near Bridgend.
- Gorseinon Hospital - elderly care and rehabilitation hospital, outpatient clinic and specialist Parkinson's treatment centre
- Hill House Hospital - elderly care and rehabilitation hospital located in Sketty, includes orthopaedic care, works with inpatients and outpatients and deals with day cases
- Hensol Hospital - the combined name for a number of learning difficulties and rehabilitation hospitals including; Dan-y-bont (Kenfig Hill), Hafod Y Wennol (Pontyclun), Bryn Afon (Ferndale), Meadow Court (Tonyrefail) and Ty Garth Newydd (Church Village).
- Maesteg Community Hospital - inpatient, day centre, community care and continuing care hospital in Maesteg. There is currently a single ward called Llynfi, there is also an outpatients department and a day surgery for the locality. Formerly there was a second ward Cwn Hafan which closed down in 2012, and patients being transferred to vacant beds around bridgend.
- Morriston Hospital - university teaching hospital
- Neath Port Talbot Hospital - district general hospital
- Pencoed Clinic - used mainly for family planning and midwifery
- Princess of Wales Hospital - district general hospital
- Singleton Hospital - university teaching hospital
- Tonna Hospital - base for psychiatric care for the elderly in the Vale of Neath, includes day care hospital
Community Mental Health Teams
- Bridgend North CMHT - Based at Maesteg Community Hospital in Maesteg
- Bridgend South CMHT - Based at Quarella Road Mental Health Unit (formally the Abertawe Bro Morgannwg NHS Trust Headquarters) in Bridgend
- Western Vale CMHT - Based at Cowbridge Health Centre in Cowbridge
Neath Port Talbot
- Neath Port Talbot North CMHT - based in Pontardawe
- Neath Port Talbot South CMHT - based at the Forge Centre in Port Talbot
- Swansea West (Area 1) CMHT - Based at Central Clinic in Swansea
- Swansea Central (Area 2) CMHT - Based at Central Clinic in Swansea
- Swansea North (Area 3) CMHT - Based at Clydach War Memorial Hospital in Clydach
- Ystradgynlais CMHT - based at The Larches in Ystradgynlais
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University NHS Trust - About Us
- "Community Mental Health Teams". City and County of Swansea Council. Retrieved 2011-06-16.