Abhay Deol Toronto Film Festival
|Born||Abhay Singh Deol
March 15, 1976
Abhay Singh Deol (born 15 March 1976), better known as Abhay Deol, is an critically acclaimed Indian film actor and producer whose family has a long history in the Hindi film industry. Deol has appeared in films such as Dev.D, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Shanghai and manorama Six Feet Under.
Early life 
Abhay Deol stated in an interview with Rediff that he is not into acting because of his father, but because he was involved in theatre since school. "At 18, I decided to take the plunge. It took me 10 years because I didn't want to leave my education to get into films. "
He made his film debut in the 2005 film Socha Na Tha. His second film was Ahista Ahista in 2006. His first 2007 release was Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. which had a multi-star cast and emerged as a box office success. His second release for the year was Ek Chalis Ki Last Local. His third film in 2007 was Manorama Six Feet Under, which won the Best Film at the Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council Film Festival in New York City. He also won Best Actor award for his role for the same. His only 2008 release was Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! which became extremely popular.
Deol devised and enacted the title role of Devdas in the 2009 film Dev.D. Nikhat Kazmi, the critic for Times of India gave the movie a perfect 5 out 5 stars in her review. Abhay Deol has been the cover of Man's World and Time Out Mumbai, with titles such as The New Face of Indian Cinema. He was placed seventh on Zoom's "50 Most Desirable Hotties" poll for 2009. He did Road, Movie with Tannishtha Chatterjee. Deol has also started producing films through his company Forbidden Films. For Basra, the first film under his new production company, Deol learned the Israeli martial art Krav Maga. Abhay did a special Item number for the movie Tera Kya Hoga Johnny in 2010. He also trained to be a deep-sea diver for his 2011 film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara which was filmed in Spain.
Personal life 
Deol is in a romantic relationship with actress Preeti Desai. Deol lives in Mumbai, where he also grew up. He is a fan of "cinema that has the 'real' element" and lists his favourite films as Chupke Chupke, Mother India, and Dr. Strangelove.
|2005||Socha Na Tha||Viren Oberoi||Nominated- Filmfare Best Male Debut Award|
|2006||Ahista Ahista||Ankush Ramdev|
|2007||Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.||Aspi|
|2007||Ek Chalis Ki Last Local||Nilesh Rastogi|
|2007||Manorama Six Feet Under||Satyaveer Singh Randhawa|
|2008||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!||Lovinder 'Lucky' Singh|
|2010||Tera Kya Hoga Johnny||Himself||Special appearance in song 'Shaher Ki Rani'|
|2011||Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara||Kabir Dewan||Nominated- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor
Playback singer for the single Señorita
|2012||Shanghai||T. A. Krishnan|
|2013||Singularity||Udaji||English film (Delayed)|
|2013||One By Two||Unknown||Film by Devika Bhagat, also co-producer.|
|2013||Rock the Shaadi||Rohan||Delayed|
|2013||Raanjhanaa||Post-production (Releasing June 21, 2013)|
- Sandhu, Ajay. "Memories with Deol Family". 25 December 2010. Punjabi Portal. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "What’s Common Between Sunny, Bobby & Abhay Deol". 14 July 2011. Koimoi. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Patcy N (2 March 2005). "'Sunny bhaiyya loves soft toys!'". Rediff. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Box Office 2007". Box Office India.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- Nikhat Kazmi. "'Dev D Movie Review'". Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- Madhureeta Mukherjee (8 January 2010). "Ranbir is India's most desirable". Times of India. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "I try to fight off labels: Abhay Deol". The Hindu. PTI. New Delhi, March 4, 2010. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "Abhay to launch action thriller". Mumbai Mirror. Times of India. 22 December 2009.
- Hiren Kotwani (14 December 2009). "Abhay Deol’s new moves". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Abhay Deol turns item boy in 'Tera Kya Hoga Johnny'". Entertainment.in.msn.com. 2010-12-14. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Sharin Wader Butani (10 April 2010). "Abhay making a splash". Times of India. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Abhay Deol-Abhay with girlfriend Preeti Desai". The Times of India. 2010-01-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Abhay Deol|