|Gundlapochampally Village, near Apparel Textile Park, R.R. District Andhra Pradesh 500 0014
|Grades||Nursery to 10th|
|Campus size||3.8 acres|
|Website||Abhaya School website|
Abhaya School teaches from Nursery to 10th class. The teaching methodology is based on the Waldorf system of education. The school follows the CBSE curriculum in the 9th and 10th class.
The Abhaya Kindergarten acts as a bridge between a child’s life at home and his/her later years in the grade school. It differs from traditional kindergartens because there are no worksheets, posters, or calendars hanging on the walls, no books and no computers. The toys in the classroom are simple and made from natural materials – knitted or hand-sewn dolls, wooden blocks and planks, long play cloths made of cotton or silk, a set of copper or ceramic cups and bowls.
The high school follows the CBSE syllabus. Art and dramatics are an integral part of the high school. Handwork, clay work and woodwork is taught.
Waldorf schools in India
- Sloka Waldorf School, Hyderabad, founded 1997
- Tridha Waldorf School, Mumbai, founded 2000
- Abhaya Waldorf School, Secunderabad, founded 2002
- Dikshha Waldorf Schoo, Secunderabad, founded 2002
- Inodai Waldorf School, Mumbai, founded 2011
- Ukti Waldorf School, New Delhi founded 2013
- Aarambh Waldorf School, New Delhi founded 2013
-  Google maps
- Waldorf education
- R.R. district encircles Hyderabad, so it lies on Secunderabad city outskirts.
- "Abhya child programme on Waldorf model". The Times of India. Nov 30, 2001. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "A bazaar school: Check this out kids, a school after your own dreams...". The Hindu. Oct 04, 2003. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "A special calling: Creative thinking and offbeat choices". Business Line. Mar 26, 2005. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
|This article about a school in Andhra Pradesh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|