Abhyudaya Co-operative Bank Ltd
|Key people||Vijay S. Morye
|Products||Forex & trade
|Revenue||131452.844 million (US$2.1 billion)(2012–13)|
|Net income||912.177 million (US$15 million)(2012–13)|
In the year 1964 several social workers and activists came together and formed Abhyudaya Co-operative Credit Society Ltd with a relatively small share capital of 5000 (US$80).
Within a short period of time Abhyudaya Co-op, Credit Society got converted into an Urban Co-operative bank.
In June 1965 Abhyudaya Co-operative Bank Ltd was finally established as a full fledged co-operative Bank.
It was conferred with Scheduled bank status by the Reserve Bank of India in the year 1988.
On 11 January 2007 the Bank was registered as a multi-state co-operative bank by the Central Registrar, New Delhi.
It has branches in Metropolitan Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Thane, Raigad, Nagpur, Nashik, Nanded, Kankavali and Aurangabad in Maharashtra State, Vadodara and Ahmedabad in Gujarat State, Udupi and Mangalore in Karnataka State.
The area of operation of the bank is confined to 3 States
The Bank further proposes to extend its area of operation to other States.
- Pune based Citizens Co-op Bank
- Vadodara based Shree Krishna Co-operative Bank
- Ahmedabad based Manekchowk Co-operative Bank
- Udupi based Janatha Co-op. Bank Ltd.
- "FINANCIAL RESULTS". Abhyudaya Bank. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- "Abhyudaya banks on technology". thehindubusinessline. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Success Story of Abhyudaya Bank". Abhyudaya Bank. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Abhyudaya Bank takes over Citizens Co-op". economictimess. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Another Gujarat bank now has Maharashtra ownership". indianexpress. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Abhyudaya Co-op to acquire A`bad bank". Business Standarad. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Abhyudaya Co-op to acquire three banks". financialexpress. Retrieved 2012-10-11.