||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
Photo taken at Gay Pride Pittsburgh, 11 Jun 2011.
|Birth name||Abigail Zsiga|
|Also known as||Abigail, 'Gail|
|Genres||Hi-NRG, dance, pop|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, dancer, painter|
|Labels||Klone Records, ZYX Music, Groovilicious, Carrillo Music, Performance Anxiety Music, Eden Music, Water Lily Music, LLC|
|Associated acts||Love Decade, 10 Monkeys, DJ Bill Bennett, Peter Barona, Bill Bouvier, Rod Carrillo|
Abigail (full name Abigail Zsiga) is a Hi-NRG dance music singer born in England. She began her career with the song, "I Feel You", released in 1992. Since "Could It Be Magic" hit the #1 slot on the British NRG chart, she has been a mainstay on the Hi-NRG Chart as well as the US Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.
She is known for her Hi-NRG covers of popular songs on both sides of the Atlantic. Some of those are k.d. lang's "Constant Craving", Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", and R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion". Abigail's debut album, Feel Good was released in 1995, on the UK based label, Klone Records. The latter also became a Top 40 club hit for Rozalla in 1995. Abigail's 1999 hit single, "Let the Joy Rise", was produced by the production duo, Thunderpuss. In 2000, she hit #1 with her song "If It Don't Fit" also produced by Thunderpuss. She had a second #1 in 2001 with "You Set Me Free". In 2003 Abigail released "Falling" which peaked at #9. After "Falling", she released "Songbird", which was remixed by DJ DoNut and was available as a digital download. After which, Abigail decided it was time for a change and added her last name to her recordings.
She released Home...Again in 2005.
In 2006, she lent her vocals to the 10 Monkeys' album Lay Down. Then in 2009, she was featured on the DJ Bill Bennett's album, Forever Young.
In 2013,she makes a return to the dance scene with Surrender" (Bouvier & Barona featuring Abigail) after a brief hiatus.
Abigail is also a supporter of the international human rights organization, Love146.
- 1992: "I Feel You" (All Around the World)
- 1993: "Could It Be Magic" (Klone Records)
- 1993: "Constant Craving" (Klone Records)
- 1994: "Losing My Religion" (Klone Records)
- 1994: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Klone Records)
- 1994: "Don't You Wanna Know" (ZYX Music)
- 1995: "Constant Craving 95" (ZYX Music)
- 1996: "Night Moves" (Pulse-8 Records)
- 1997: "The Double Take E.P." (Klone Records)
- 1999: "Let The Joy Rise" (InterHit Records)
- 2000: "If It Don't Fit" (Groovilicious Records)
- 2001: "You Set Me Free" (Groovilicious Records)
- 2003: "Falling" (Independent Release)
- 2005: "Songbird" (Beatport.com)
- 2006: "Lay Down" (with 10 Monkeys) (Eden Music)
- 2009: "Forever Young" (DJ Bill Bennett featuring Abigail)
- 2013: "Surrender" (Bouvier & Barona featuring Abigail)(Carrillo Music)
- "AM Radio" (released to iPod Street Team Winner)
- "In Spite of You" released to iPod Street Team Winner
- "You Came (Rehearsal)" released to iPod Street Team Winner
- "Magical Make Believe" never released, leaked on the internet by the producer by mistake
- "That's Where I'll Be" never released, clips of the song were available on her website
- "You Set Me Free (acoustic)" released to people who joined her mailing list in fall/winter 2010
- List of Number 1 Dance Hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart