New York City, New York, United States
|Other names||Debbie Lordan, Abagail Clayton, Gail Wezke, Gail Lawrence|
|No. of adult films||38 (per IAFD)|
Clayton started her career in 1976 during the porn chic era when adult movies were shown in mainstream theaters. Her name would often appear in ads in major newspapers of the time, alongside other stars such as Annette Haven and Leslie Bovee.
One of Clayton's earliest movies was Alex de Renzy's Femmes de Sade, which was the eighth film inducted into XRCO's Hall of Fame. Clayton also appeared in Harold Lime's Desires Within Young Girls with Georgina Spelvin and was the title character in Antonio Shepherd's 7 Into Snowy a parody of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Her last film adult was October Silk in 1980.
Abigail Clayton was one of the first adult stars to move into mainstream films when she appeared in Bye Bye Monkey with Gérard Depardieu and Marcello Mastroianni. In 1980, she was cast as Rita in the horror film Maniac. Her last mainstream role was a small part as a nun in the Ryan O'Neal film So Fine in 1981.
Clayton only appeared in 15 original adult films during her career. Far fewer than most other adult stars. She appeared in another 22 films that were compilations of scenes from her previous movies.
- The Girls in the Band (1976)
- Dixie (1976)
- Love Lips (1978)
- Femmes de Sade (1976)
- Spirit Of Seventy Sex (1976)
- Naked Afternoon (1976)
- Hot Cookies (1977)
- Desires Within Young Girls (1977)
- A Coming of Angels (1977)
- 7 Into Snowy (1977)
- SexWorld (1977)
- Untamed (1978)
- Health Spa (1978)
- Cave Women (1979)
- October Silk (1980)
- Sweet Girl (1980)
- Skin, Mr. (2005). Mr. Skin's Skincyclopedia: The A-to-Z Guide To Finding Your Favorite Actresses Naked (Illustrated ed.). New York City, New York, USA: St. Martin's Press. p. 315. ISBN 9780312331443. OCLC 56129204. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
- "Personal Biography : Abigail Clayton". Internet Adult Film Database. iafd.com. 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- Freeman, Dick (2008). "XRCO 2008 Award Categories and Winners". XRCO.com. X-Rated Critics Organization. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Holliday, Jim (1986). Only the best: Jim Holliday's adult video almanac and trivia treasury. Van Nuys, California, USA: Cal Vista Direct. OCLC 15317190. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
- "A Coming of Angels (ad)". The Milwaukee Journal (Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA: Elizabeth Brenner). November 24, 1978. p. 29. ISSN 1082-8850. OCLC 55506548. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
- "A Coming of Angels (ad)". Lakeland Ledger (Lakeland, Florida, USA: Jerome Ferson). March 21, 1979. p. 27. ISSN 0163-0288. OCLC 187953892. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
- Freeman, Dick (2008). "XRCO Hall of Fame". XRCO.com. X-Rated Critics Organization.
- Stine, Scott Aaron (2003). The Gorehound's guide to splatter films of the 1980s (Illustrated ed.). Jefferson, North Carolina, USA: McFarland & Company. ISBN 9780786415328. OCLC 51842250. Retrieved April 9, 2012.