|Born||Abigail Pierrepont Johnson
December 19, 1961 (age 52)
|Education||William Smith College
Harvard Business School
|Occupation||President, Fidelity Investments Personal, Workplace and Institutional Services|
|Net worth|| US$ 12.7 billion (est.)
(Forbes, March 2013)
|Spouse(s)||Christopher J. McKown (m. 1988)|
|Relatives||Edward C. Johnson II (grandfather), Edward C. Johnson III (father), Edward C. Johnson IV (brother), Elizabeth Johnson (sister)|
Abigail Pierrepont (Abby) Johnson (born December 19, 1961) is an American businesswoman. Johnson is President of Fidelity Investments Personal and Workplace Investing. Fidelity was founded by her grandfather Edward C. Johnson II and her father Edward C. (Ned) Johnson III is its current CEO. As of March 2013 The Johnson family owns a 49% stake in the company.
Education and career
She had a brief stint as a consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton from 1985–86, completed an MBA at Harvard University, and joined Fidelity Investments as an analyst in 1988. She was promoted to an executive role in Fidelity Management and Research (FMR) in 1997 and has held various senior executive posts inside FMR, Fidelity Institutional Retirement Services and Fidelity Investments since then. In August 2012 she was promoted to President.
Awards, honors, and society memberships
Johnson currently serves as a member of the Committee on Capital Markets Regulation. She is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA).
- "The World's Billionaires (2010): #48 Abigail Johnson". Forbes. March 3, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- "Forbes 400 Richest Americans (2010): #22 Abigail Johnson". Forbes. September 16, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- Abigail Johnson Forbes
- "Abby Johnson Has Wedding". The New York Times. June 26, 1988. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- "Fidelity: Here Comes Abby". BusinessWeek. July 8, 2002. Retrieved February 24, 2011.
- Lau, Debra (May 21, 2001). "Fidelity Promotes Abigail Johnson To President". Forbes. Retrieved February 24, 2011.