From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The name Abilene may refer to:
- Abilene (biblical), a plain in Syria, on the east slope of Anti-Lebanon mountain range — for which most of the places listed below are named, directly or indirectly
- United States
- Abilene, Kansas
- Abilene, Texas
- Abilene, Virginia
- Abilene Trail, a cattle trail leading from Texas to Abilene, Kansas used during the 19th century.
- Abilene State Park, a state park near Abilene, Texas
- Abilene Town, a 1946 western film starring Randolph Scott
- Gunfight in Abilene, a 1967 western film starring Bobby Darin and Leslie Nielsen
- Gunfighters of Abilene, a 1960 film starring Buster Crabbe
US Military uses
- Operation Abilene (1966), a joint US-Australian military operation in 1966 during the Vietnam War
- Operation Abilene (2003), a US military operation in Al Anbar province in 2003 during the Iraq War
- USS Abilene, a Tacoma-class US navy frigate named after the city of Abilene, Kansas
- Abilene Trophy, is awarded annually to the community in Air Mobility Command that is most supportive of its local Air Force Base
- Abilene Network, the American national academic backbone network, part of the Internet2 project
- Abilene paradox, a form of dysfunctional group dynamics
- Abilene (song), a song recorded by George Hamilton IV
- Abilene and Smoky Valley Railroad, in Abilene, Kansas
- Abilene and Southern Railway, taken over by Missouri Pacific Railroad in 1978
- George R. Stewart, A Concise Dictionary of American Place-Names. Oxford University Press, 1970.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Abilene.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.