|Eric Le Goff (President and Chief Executive Officer)
Alain Elbaz (President and Chief Operations Officer)
|Services||Consulting, Systems Integration and Outsourcing|
Number of employees
Abilis New England
|Slogan||The power to succeed|
Abilis Solutions is an Information Technology (IT) company that designs, develops and implements custom IT projects as well as turn-key software solutions for vertical markets. Abilis Solutions also provides integration services to in-house IT departments and partners, in addition to offering IT project recovery services.
Abilis Solutions is a private company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. It employs nearly 200 people. In 2009, over 60% of Abilis Solutions revenues were from the US and over 75% of revenues were from outside Quebec, whilst over 75% of the development work was produced from the Abilis Innovation Center located in downtown Montreal.
Brief Company History
Founded in 1996, the company grew from its base in downtown Montreal, focusing on servicing large public and private organizations. In 2008, Abilis added Info-Sys Enterprise, a management solution for the propane and petroleum distribution industries to its product portfolio. In 2009, the Info-Sys product offering was expanded to include mobile devices used by on-the-road technicians.
In June 2009, Abilis Solutions acquired xwave New England Corp. from Bell Aliant; adding the subsidiary Abilis New England, based in Portland, ME. This acquisition brought business intelligence, healthcare and financial sector expertise to the company, as well as adding the CORIS Offender Management System to Abilis’ product portfolio. Abilis completely rebuilt the CORIS application, in .NET, creating one of the web-based offender management systems on the market.
The company's rapid growth continued in 2010. In June 2010, Investissement Québec (formerly known as SGF) made an investment of $7 million CAD in Abilis which is earmarked to contribute to the acquisition plan being pursued by Abilis.
In September 2010, Abilis Solutions’ customer, the Virginia Department of Corrections, won the Governor's Technology Award (given at the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Innovative Technology Symposium) in the “IT as Efficiency Driver” category for its CORIS implementation, which manages over 90,000 offenders, making it the largest, modern, web-based offender management system deployment in North America.
Abilis Solutions’ customers include Fortune 500 companies, several US government agencies, airlines, healthcare and financial services.
- Air Transport & Travel
- Correctional Services
- Energy Industry
- Abilis Energy: is selling and maintaining a software package for the oil and propane industries, “Info-Sys Enterprise”. The Info-Sys Enterprise System for retail home heat and propane is an operational and financial System encompassing Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collection, Degree Day Scheduling, Equipment Maintenance, Burner Service Scheduling, Order Entry and Inventory modules.
- Abilis New England: focuses on software application development and on enterprise application integration. The company has customers in domains such as corrections, health care services, website development and finance. This division was acquired in June 2009.
- Abilis PI Inc.: provides SAP integration services.
- Nantel, Benjamin (29 May 2010). "Solutions Abilis: viser la croissance". Les Affaires (in French). Archived from the original on 30 Aug 2010.
- "SGF Invests $7 Million in Abilis Solutions". Investissement Québec. 29 Jun 2010.
- Hadekel, Peter. "Abilis Solutions aims to keep IT jobs in Quebec by investing in local teams". Archived from the original on 17 Jul 2010.
- "Governor's Technology Awards: Winners". The Commonwealth of Virginia’s Innovative Technology Symposium.
- "Abilis New England".[dead link]