|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Abim lies in Abim District, Karamoja sub-region, Northern Region, Uganda|Northern Uganda]]. It is located approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi), by road, northwest of Moroto, the largest town in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 360 kilometres (220 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:2°42'07.2"N 33°39'36.0"E (Latitude:2.7020; Longitude:33.6600).
In 2002, the national population census estimated the population of the town at about 14,840. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population of Abim town at about 15,900. In 2011, UBOS estimated the town's mid-year population at about 16,000.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The headquarters of Abim District Administration
- The offices of Abim Town Council
- Abim Central Market
- Abim Hospital - A 100 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- A branch of DFCU Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank (Uganda) Limited
- "Road Distance Between Abim And Moroto with Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Abim With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Abim In 2002, 2010 & 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 2 June 2014.