Abita Brewing Company
Abita Brew Pub in Abita Springs, LA
|Location||Abita Springs, Louisiana
|Barrels per year||130,000 barrels|
|Owner(s)||Abita Brewing, LLC.
David Blossman, President
Mark Wilson, Brewmaster
Deb Clarke, Head Brewer
The Abita Brewing Company is a craft brewery located in Abita Springs, Louisiana, 30 miles north of New Orleans, LA. Abita was formed by Jim Patton (brewer) and Rush Cumming in 1986, two home brewers who wanted to turn their hobby into a vocation. They were originally located in downtown Abita Springs - now the Abita Brew Pub. That year, the company produced 1,500 barrels of beer. In 2011, Abita brewed over 130,000 barrels of beer and 5,000 barrels of root beer. The Abita Brewing Company produces seven year-round flagship brews (Abita Amber, Golden, Light, Turbodog, Purple Haze, Jockamo I.P.A. and Restoration Pale Ale), five seasonal beers, three Harvest brews, four Big Beers, a draft-only series of Select beers and a root beer all from a state-of-the-art brewing complex.
Abita's flagship beers are sold in 46 US states and Puerto Rico. Abita Brewing Company was the 15th largest Craft Brewery and the 24th largest brewery of any category in the United States ranked by volume sold in 2010.
The company brews its beer with water from artesian wells in Abita Springs. In August 2005, Stuff Magazine called Abita's Turbodog Ale the best beer made in America. The Abita Brew Pub, under independent ownership, is located at the original brewery location in Abita Springs and features Abita beers, with some brews exclusive to the brew pub, under a close partnership with the brewery.
Abita Bock was listed among the Top 10 Spring Beers by Fox News in 2012. Abita Bock is the brewery's first seasonal brew and is available January - March.
Abita beer is currently served at Disney's Port Orleans Resort, a hotel/resort located in Walt Disney World in the Orlando, Florida area. The resort, themed after New Orleans, serves Abita on tap at restaurants and bars on site.
In February 2012, the company began distribution of three of its flagship brews in cans: Amber, Purple Haze and Jockamo I.P.A.
In August 2013, the company announced it would add another 200-barrel brewing system to its existing 100-barrel system, increasing its capacity from 150 bottles per minute to 400 per minute. 
- Abita Andygator from Abita Brewing Company, a Doppelbock style beer: An unofficial page for Abita Andygator from Abita Brewing Company in Covington, Louisiana, United States of America
- Owen Ogletree's Pub Crawl for the best pubs, beer bars, and brewpubs in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Draft Beer List
- Abita producing ale to benefit reconstruction | Modern Brewery Age | Find Articles at BNET
- "Abita projects to exceed 130k barrels in 2011, celebrates with 25th anniversary beer". Beer Pulse. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Webster, Richard A. (November 2007). "Stout Market: North Shore Beer Makers and Distributors Partake in an Unprecidented Sales Boom" (PDF). New Orleans City Business, North Shore Report. pp. 31–33.[dead link]
- Owen Ogletree (2008-05-10), Brewtopia Events LLC report on Abita Brewery, Brewtopia LLC, retrieved 2008-07-23
- Abita Brewing Company (2011-09-20), Special brew celebrates anniversary, Abita Brewing Company
- "Turbodog is the Big Dog in National Magazine". Abita Brewing Company. Archived from the original on 2008-03-06. Retrieved 2008-07-25.
- "Abita Brew Pub". Abita Brew Pub. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Visit Abita". Abita. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Top 10 Spring beers". Fox News. 2012-04-22.
- "Abita Goes Where You Go". Abita News. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Abita announces new beers and lineup changes". Baton Rouge Business Report. Retrieved 7 Aug 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abita Brewery.|