AbleCommerce is an e-commerce Shopping cart software program which was invented back in 1993 when online shopping over the internet was hardly known. AbleCommerce's Shopping cart software was first sold in 1994 under the name of "StoreBuilder".
In the mid-1990s when e-commerce was in its infancy there were basically two commercial software packages that a business could use to have a web based store. The first was Microsoft Microsoft Merchant Server and the second was IBM Net.Commerce which later got renamed to Websphere. The problem with these two solutions was that it did not meet a company's needs out of the box. Much custom development would have to be done prior before a business could use it as a practical e-commerce platform. Only larger companies with a sizable staff and budget could deploy either one of these solutions. In 1995 brothers Jeremy and JJ Allaire came out with a commercial rapid application development product called ColdFusion. What made ColdFusion special was its scripting language called ColdFusion Markup Language which opened up the internet to many new development companies.
One such company was The Little Red Caboose Electronic Publishing Group (The predecessor to AbleCommerce) started to harness the power of the CFML language to develop an e-commerce software. Their initial product was named Caboose StoreBuilder
AbleCommerce software was officially PCI certified under the new, and stricter, PA-DSS v1.2 standards on June 1, 2009 and become one of the first shopping cart software products to be certified under the new PA-DSS certification process.
|AC 7.0.7||14481||April 1, 2011|
|AC 7.0.6||14312||November 10, 2010|
|AC 7.0.5||14135||October 12, 2010|
|AC 7.0.4||14026||June 20, 2010|
|AC 7.0.3||12458||June 1, 2009|
|AC 7.0.2||11659||February 10, 2009|
|AC 7.0.1||10875||November 14, 2008|
|AC 7.0 SR2||10863||November 14, 2008|
|AC 7.0 SR1a||10152||August 13, 2008|
|AC 7.0 Final||9879||June 24, 2008|
|AC 7.0 RC3||9381||March 27, 2008|
|AC 7.0 RC2||8839||January 14, 2008|
|AC 7.0 RC1||8272||October 29, 2007|
|AC 7.0 B2||7973||October 12, 2007|
|AC 7.0 B1||7579||September 18, 2007|
|Version 5 Archives, AbleCommerce 5.5 Asp.Net, Service Release 3a||1346||April 28, 2006|
|AbleCommerce 5.5, CFMX, Service Release 2||1389||January 25, 2007|
- Best Ebusiness Software winner in the 2001 Reader's Choice Awards.
- Best Ecommerce Package and Product of the Year, winner of two asp.netPRO Readers' Choice awards in 2008.
- Best Ecommerce Package, winner of the 2009 asp.netPRO Readers' Choice Award.
- Forums – The AbleCommerce community forms is for all general technical support questions that could be helpful to other AbleCommerce users.
- Help Site – The AbleCommerce Support Resources provides general and technical support to other AbleCommerce users.
- WIKI -The AbleCommerce WIKI site is the replacement for the static PDF developer guides.
- "PCI Security Standards Council". pcisecuritystandards.org. Retrieved January 26, 2010.
- "2001 Readers' Choice Awards". sys-con.com. Retrieved March 11, 2002.
- "ASP.NET Readers' Choice Award 2008 Products". approache.com. Retrieved March 14, 2008.
- "2009 Readers' Choice Award Winners". devproconnections.com. Retrieved May 11, 2009.
- "AbleCommerce Community Forums". forums.ablecommerce.com.
- "AbleCommerce Support Resources". help.ablecommerce.com.
- "AbleCommerce Wiki". wiki.ablecommerce.com.