AboutFace is a Canadian registered charity founded in 1985. AboutFace is the only Canadian charity dedicated to providing support and programs to individuals with facial disfiguration, and their families.
Since its creation, AboutFace has aided individuals with a facial disfigurement via a network of cleft, craniofacial and specialty teams and clinics. Following initial treatment, it offers an ongoing system of speakers, presenters and camps for youth, ages 10 to 18, who have a facial difference. The overall educational program was created by Paul Stanley, of the rock band Kiss, who was born with an ear deformity.
- Database record in Revenue Canada – Reg. No. 12676 1410 RR0001
- "History and Milestones". Retrieved 14 Aug 2011.
- PILEGGI, ANNA. "Article – making faces". Archived from the original on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 14 Aug 2011.
- "Kids with facial disfigurements confront cruelty with courage". Canada.com. CanWest MediaWorks Publications Inc. Sep 5, 2008. Retrieved 14 Aug 2011.
- Dooley, Danette. "only skin deep". The Telegram. Retrieved 14 Aug 2011.
- "Craniofacial Disorders". Archived from the original on 12 July 2011. Retrieved 14 Aug 2011.
- "AboutFace". U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved 14 Aug 2011.[dead link]