||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
|Birth name||Raymond Mikael Camino Abracosa|
|Genres||Hip hop, alternative hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, musician, actor|
|Years active||2012–present (as a solo artist)|
Ivory Music & Video
|Associated acts||Lyrically Deranged Poets
|Website||Abra on Facebook
Abra on Twitter
Abra's channel on YouTube
Raymond Abracosa, better known as Abra, is a Filipino hip hop artist and occasional actor. He gained popularity in his song "Gayuma" ("Love Potion"). The music video for the song shows Abra being given a potion only to realize that his love interest is in fact a transgender. The video has reached more than 26 million views on YouTube, the highest number generated by any local artist.
His career started as a member of Pinoy hip hop group Lyrically Deranged Poets (LDP) in 2010. They released their independent debut album, The Project in 2009, and had their first major concert at the legendary Music Museum in 2010. LDP was awarded Best Urban Group at both the 2010 and 2011 Urban Music Awards, among other nominations. In 2011, LDP was granted TV air time on myx for the music video of their song, "Here to Own It", which was able to enter the charts. He is also a major icon in the Fliptop battle league, as well as a co-host on PTV 4's show iConnect.
When the Fliptop and Sunugan rap battle leagues came about in 2010, Abra was one of the first battle emcees to compete and gradually make a name for himself. After a couple of intense rap battles, Abra has been considered as one of the heavyweights in Filipino rap battling. Using his compelling lyrical style coupled with witty antics, he is able to impress viewers and artists alike; and has YouTube videos that have amassed millions of views. It did not take long until Abra was able to perform on live television, radio shows and various events across the country.
In 2013, Abra and his label Artifice Records signed a major distribution deal with Ivory Music & Video. He released his self-titled debut album nationwide on February 21, 2014. He took home the 'Best Music on Youtube Award' for his Youtube Channel called 'Abra TV' at the 2013 Globe Tatt Awards. On March 29, he collaborated with Maja Salvador for the song "Halika Na" on her debut album Believe.
- Abra – self-titled album (released nationwide February 21, 2014)
- Various Artists: Homegrown Hiphop (Universal Music Group, 2013)
- Various Artists: Juan dela Cruz: The Official Soundtrack (Star Records, 2013)
- "Gayuma" (feat. Thyro Alfaro & Jeriko Aguilar) (2012)
- "Alab ng Puso" (theme of Juan dela Cruz)
- "Ilusyon" (feat. Arci Muñoz) (2013)
- "Diwata" (feat. Chito Miranda) (2013)
- "Midas" (feat. Jaq Dionisio) (2013)
- "Bolang Kristal" (feat. Kz Tandingan)
- "Cerberus" (feat. Loonie & Ron Henley) (2014)
- "Sanib Pwersa" (feat. Raimund Marasigan) (2014)
- "Dedma" (feat. Julie Anne San Jose) (2014)
As featured artist
Television and media appearances
- ASAP (ABS-CBN, guest)
- It's Showtime (ABS-CBN, guest judge/performer)
- Kris TV (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Gandang Gabi, Vice! (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Sarah G. Live (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Rated K (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Showbiz Inside Report (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN, guest player)
- Minute to Win It (ABS-CBN, guest player)
- Pilipinas Got Talent (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Banana Split: Ihaw Na! (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Bandila: Ikaw Na! (ABS-CBN, guest)
- Wowowillie (TV5, 2013)
- iConnect (PTV 4, 2012–present)
- Sharon: Kasama Mo, Kapatid (TV5, guest)
- Party Pilipinas (GMA, guest)
- H.O.T. TV: Hindi Ordinaryong Tsismis (GMA, guest)
- Celebrity Bluff (GMA, guest player)
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (GMA, guest)
- The Ryzza Mae Show (GMA, guest)
- Flashbook (GMA News TV, guest)
- Front Row (GMA, guest)
- Boy Pick-Up: The Movie, as fictional version of himself (cameo)
- Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles, as Benjie
- "Gayuma" (feat. Thyro Alfaro & Jeriko Aguilar; September 2012)
- "Ilusyon" (feat. Arci Munoz; July 2013)
- "Alab ng Puso" (Juan dela Cruz OST)
- "Rejoice Haba ng Hair" (for Rejoice commercial)
- "Rejoice Ikaw na ang Malupit" (for Rejoice commercial)
- "Midas" (feat. Jaq Dionisio – Boy Golden OST)
- "Sanib Puwersa" (feat. Raimund Marasigan, for Colt 45 commercial)
- Cerberus (feat. Ron Henley & Loonie)
- Dedma (feat. Julie Anne San Jose; October 2014)
- "Diwata" (feat. Chito Miranda; December 2014)
- "Fliptop rapper taps Vice Ganda for new single". ABS-CBN News. March 12, 2012.
- "20M Hits on YOUTUBE: ABRA sets a high bar". PhilippineShowbizNews.com. March 26, 2013.
- "Abra, Artifice Records sign up with Ivory Music & Video". 10 June 2013. The Philippine Star. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Abra releases debut album". 16 March 2014. The Philippine Star. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Maja Salvador: ‘Believe and it will happen’". 29 March 2014. Manila Times. Retrieved April 10, 2014.