Abraham Mateo at the record label offices
|Birth name||Abraham Mateo Chamorro|
25 August 1998 |
San Fernando, Cádiz, Spain
|Genres||Latin pop, pop|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, actor|
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Flute|
|Labels||EMI Music Spain (2009–2012)|
Mateo was discovered in 2009, when he was ten, by executives of EMI Music Spain, who happened across his performances in the television show Menuda Noche on the Canal Sur TV of Andalucia, Spain. His self-titled debut album, Abraham Mateo,  was released in Spain in December 2009. The album was produced by the Spanish composer and producer Jacobo Calderon, who has worked before with internationally recognized Latin singers such as Raphael, David Bisbal, and Luis Fonsi. His second studio album, AM, recorded in Madrid and Miami, with Sony Music Spain, was released in November 2013.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2014)|
2009–10: Debut album Abraham Mateo
Since his first appearances in "Menuda Noche", a friend of Mateo's family posted in YouTube videos of his performances. Early 2009, when he was ten, he signed a contract with EMI Music Spain and released on 4 December of the same year his debut album, recorded in Madrid, under the title Abraham Mateo. It was digitally released on 27 November 2009.
The album, produced by Jacobo Calderon and Jose Luis de la Peña, contains twelve songs, seven of them were composed by Calderon himself and four tracks are covers of popular Latin songs such as Raphael's "Cuando Tú No Estás" ("When You Are Not Here"), Alejandro Sanz's "Los Dos Cogidos de la Mano" ("The Two Holding Hands"), Laura Pausini's "La Soledad" ("La Solitudine/The Loneliness") and Jaci Velasquez/Luis Fonsi's "Imaginame Sin Ti" ("Imagine Me Without You"). The album includes a duet with the French teen singer Caroline Costa, the runner-up in the 2008 edition of the television contest Incroyable Talent, the French version of America's Got Talent. Abraham and Caroline recorded for the album a Spanish version of Badfinger's "Without You", the song has also been covered with great success by Mariah Carey. To promote the album, Mateo has toured through several cities in Spain and performed in many Spanish radio and television shows, including the popular television programs Mas Que Baile, Tu Si Que Vales, The Show of Maria Teresa Campos, and the Christmas Eve Special of the Telecinco channel. He was also invited to perform at the International Carnival Maspalomas in Gran Canaria.
Mateo began to record songs in English during the summer of 2010, performing "I Surrender" by Celine Dion, "I Have Nothing" by Whitney Houston, "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars, "Imagine" by John Lennon, and "Mistletoe" by Justin Bieber. In summer 2011, he released an Italian version of the classical song Adagio by Lara Fabian, hist first song in Italian. Shortly after releasing this song, he was invited to perform at a TV show presented by the Italian singer Rafaela Carra on the Italian channel Canale 5. On 29 November 2011, Mateo released a music video for "Desde que te fuiste" (meaning 'Since You Went Away'), a Latin dance song written by him and one of the tracks he is working on for his second studio album. It was released on iTunes on 9 December 2011.
On 13 July 2012, Mateo announced he is now signed to the record label Sony Music Spain. In July 2012, Mateo began recording his second studio album in Madrid. On 4 October 2012, Mateo announced via YouTube that the first single of his second album would be called "Señorita". The single, a Latin electro pop song sung in English and Spanish, was released on 6 November 2012. "Señorita" debuted in the iTunes Download Charts in Spain at number 37 and peaked at number-one in Amazon Spain Download Charts. On 9 November 2012, Mateo performed the single for the first time at the Coca Cola Music concert in Madrid. A video about the making of the song was released on YouTube on 30 October 2012. A music video for "Señorita" was released on 12 February 2013,and peaked on the Spanish Charts at No.3.
On 16 September 2013, Mateo announced that his new studio album would be called AM and would be released worldwide in November 2013. He also announced that the second single off AM would be called Girlfriend and would be released early October 2013.
Now, he is doing other Cd. Is called WhoIam.
Abraham Mateo and his older brother Tony acted in the TV movies Días Sin Luz (2009) and Raphael (2010) both produced by Antena 3 Films and broadcast by the Spanish television channel Antena 3. In the biographical film Raphael, Abraham and Tony portrayed the worldwide acclaimed Spanish singer Raphael in the early years of his career and sang some of the vocal tracks.
Abraham Mateo (2009)
- Released: 4 December 2009
- Label: EMI Music Spain
- Format: CD, digital download
- Released: 12 November 2013
- Label: Sony Music Spain
- Format: CD, digital download
- 2009: Vuelve conmigo (included in the album Abraham Mateo)
- 2011: Desde que te fuiste
- 2012: Señorita
- 2013: Girlfriend
- 2014: Lánzalo (UNICEF)
|2009||Vuelve conmigo||EMI Music Spain|
|2009||Without you (duet with Caroline Costa)||EMI Music Spain|
|2010||I surrender||RC studio|
|2011||I have nothing||RC studio|
|2011||Desde que te fuiste||Dani Ruiz|
|2012||Señorita||Sony Music Spain|
- Hoy tengo ganas de tí (duet with David Bustamante)
- Que yo no quiero problemas (duet with David DeMaría)
- Somos novios (duet with Rosa López)
- Júrame (duet with Rosa López)
- La fuerza de mi corazón (duet with Melody)
- Without you (duet with Caroline Costa, included in the album Abraham Mateo)
|2009||Días sin Luz||Abraham||TV Movie|
|2010||Raphael||Raphael (child)||TV Movie|
|2014||Ra.One||Prateek/Lucifer, singing voice||Spanish voice-dub|
- "Abraham Mateo, la joven promesa de la música española en el mundo, actuará mañana en el Festival Coca Cola Music en el que también actuarán Pablo Alboran y Simple Plan". Sony Music Spain. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "EMI Music Spain – Abraham Mateo". emimusic.es. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- "The amazing Abraham from Andalucia". TheSkykid.Com. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "El 4 de diciembre, Abraham Mateo publica su primer álbum con la canción Vuelve conmigo como single (On December 4 Abraham Mateo will release his first album with the song "Vuelve conmigo" as the single)". EMI Music Spain. 24 November 2009. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "Official website of the Spanish composer and producer Jacobo Calderon". Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "Abraham Mateo is in a league of his own". Young Celebrity News. 2 February 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2011.[dead link]
- Escribano, Teresa de Miguel (26 November 2009). "Vuelven las pequeñas grandes estrellas de la canción (The young stars of song are back)". ABC, a Spanish newspaper. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "Un niño de 11 años publica su primer álbum (An 11-year boy releases his first album)". ABC, a Spanish newspaper. 11 December 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "Abraham Mateo iTunes Store". Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- "Abraham Mateo – Adagio". The Skykid.Com. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- "Desde Que Te Fuiste – Original by Abraham Mateo". Youtube. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- Mateo, Abraham (13 July 2012), Status, Twitter.
- "Abraham Mateo pone a la venta 'Señorita'". Love Muusic. 10 November 2012. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Abraham Mateo lanzó primer disco y actuará en film de Raphael (Abraham Mateo released his first album and will act in a film about Raphael)". Nueva Prensa de Oriente, a Venezuelan newspaper. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 21 September 2010.