|Born||Abraham Roqueñi Iglesias
April 16, 1978
|Other names||El Demonio ("The Demon")|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (150 lb; 11 st)|
|Style||Karate, Kickboxing, Muay Thai|
|Fighting out of||Torrelavega, Spain|
|Rank||Karate3rd degree black belt in|
Abraham Roqueñi Iglesias (born April 16, 1978) is a Spanish welterweight kickboxer. He was the K-1 MAX Spain 2004 tournament winner, and is a former ISKA, WAKO and WFCA world champion. He holds notable wins over Gago Drago, Luis Reis, Andy Souwer and Artur Kyshenko.
Early in his career, he became the Iberian, Spanish and European champion before gaining further international recognition when he won the K-1 MAX Spain 2004 eight-man tournament on December 18, 2004. He knocked out Antonio Postigo and Willy Borrel in the quarter-finals and semi-finals, respectively, before taking a decision over Luis Reis in the final.
Roqueñi won the WAKO World Lowkick Championship on October 22, 2005 when he defeated Wallid Haddad. He made three defences of this title, against Ibrahim Tamazaev, Radhouane Amoulibi and Kevin Harper, over the course of the next year before winning his second world title on June 30, 2007 by beating Thai fighter Kit Sitphonlek by decision for the WFCA World Muay Thai Championship. He then lost this belt to Mohammed Rahhaoui on May 10, 2008.
On December 7, 2007, Roqueñi knocked out Franck Pétin to win the WFCA World Full Contact Championship. He then won his fourth world title on April 11, 2009 by KOing Tim Thomas for the ISKA World title at -70 kg.
On February 5, 2011, he caused a huge upset by defeating K-1 star Andy Souwer in Malaga, Spain. Roqueñi knocked Souwer down in round 2 en route to a decision win. Following this, he was invited to compete in the It's Showtime organization and made his promotional debut at Fix Events & Fightclub Group presents: It's Showtime 2011 on June 18, 2011 and beat Gago Drago by majority decision.
In late 2011, he joined the Thai Fight 2011 70 kg Tournament. He was unable to make it past the semi-final stage, however, as he was defeated by Frank Giorgi on November 27, 2011 in Bangkok, Thailand.
He defeated Xu Yan by unanimous decision in a tournament reserve bout at the K-1 World MAX 2012 World Championship Tournament Final in Athens, Greece on December 15, 2012.
On February 3, 2013, he will fight Dutch-based Georgian Giga Chikadze at Street Culture Fight Night 2 in Tenerife, Spain.
He beat Elam Ngor by disqualification at Enfusion Live: Tenerife in Tenerife, Spain on July 13, 2013. The fight was ruled a draw after three rounds and was set to go to an extension round to decide the victor, but Ngor apparently felt that he had already done enough and would unable to beat Roqueñi on points in front of Spanish judges and so he left the ring, resulting in the DQ.
He was set to fight at the K-1 World MAX 2013 World Championship Tournament Final 16 in Majorca, Spain on September 14, 2013. However, he withdrew from the tournament as Street Culture Promotions, the co-promoter of the event, had not paid him for his fights with Xu Yan and Artur Kyshenko.
He beat Emmanuel Horta Vavares by first round KO in the quarter-finals of the 2013 edition of Thai Fight's -70 kg/154 lb tournament in Thailand on October 23, 2013. Then he proceeded in semi finals and lost to Expedito Valin on November 30, 2013.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2011)|
- WFCA Full Contact Kickboxing World Champion.
- WFCA Muay Thai World Champion.
- 4 times WAKO World Champion.
- ISKA European Champion.
- K-1 Max Spain Champion 2004.
- 2 time European Kickboxing Champion.
- Kickboxing champion of Spain.
- Spanish Full Contact Kickboxing Champion.
- 2 time Iberian Kickboxing Champion.
- Iberian Full Contact Kickboxing Champion.
- Multiple time Spanish Karate Champion of Spain, 3rd Dan.
- Cantabrian Amateur Kickboxing Champion.
- Spanish Amateur Kickboxing Champion.
- Spanish Neoprofessional Kickboxing Champion.
- Spanish Amateur Full Contact Kickboxing Champion.
72 wins (34 KOs), 11 losses, 2 draws
- Resumen K-1 SPAIN 2004
- Abraham Roqueni's surprise victory over Andy Souwer at El Desafio K-1 on February 5th
- "It's Showtime Madrid Live Results". liverkick.com. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- Thai Fight 2011 Semi-Finals Results: Buakaw Advances to Finals
- "Thai Fight reaches grand finals". Bangkok Post. 2 Dec 2011.
- Yokkao Extreme Results: Giorgio Petrosyan & Buakaw Win, Saenchai Upset By Pinca
- Albert Kraus vs. Abraham Roqueni On April 28 In Spain
- Alright, here's 10 more fights to watch in October
- Ondrej Hutnik Wins In Slovakia
- New Fights Added to K-1 MAX Final 8, December 15
- K-1 World MAX 2012 Final Live Results
- Abraham Roqueñi vs. Giga Chikadze on Sunday in Spain
- Enfusion Live Barcelona Full Fight Card For March 9
- March Madness: Kickboxing Fights to Watch This Month
- Enfusion Live Barcelona Fight Card for this Saturday, March 9: Kyshenko, Roqueni, Parparyan
- Results Muay Thai event Enfusion Live – Tenerife 2013-07-13
- K-1 Announces K-1 World MAX Final 16 in Spain
- Abraham Roqueni Parts Ways with Street Culture, Pulls Out From K-1 MAX Final 16
- Abraham Roqueni not fighting in K-1 World Max Final 16
- Thai Fight 2013 Tournament Results: Yodsanklai and Abraham Roqueni advance
- Fight Card for the November 30 Thai Fight event in Bangkok, Thailand
- Abraham Roqueñi no logró superar la semifinal del Thai Fight(Spanish)
- Thai Fight Results 11/30/2013
- En Direct du Top King World Series 2(French)
- TopKing World Series Live Results