From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up abrogation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Abrogation may refer to:
- The abolition or repeal of a law, institution, custom etc.
- abrogatio, the Latin term for legal annulment under Roman law
- Abrogation of Old Covenant laws, the ending or setting aside of Old Testament stipulations for the New Testament.
- Denunciation of a treaty
- Canceling of effects IE: To nullify; make void.
- Abrogation doctrine, a doctrine in United States constitutional law
- Naskh (tafsir) (Arabic for abrogation), a genre of Islamic exegesis dealing with conflicting material in Islamic law
- Oxford English Dictionary (2001)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.