Absecon Public School District
|Absecon Public School District|
|Business Administrator:||Tina Davisson|
|Address:||800 Irelan Avenue
Absecon, NJ 08201
|Enrollment:||888 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||67.1|
|District Factor Group:||CD|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,108||10||1,539||-28.0%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||66,187||74||60,112|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with more than 750 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
The Absecon Public School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in Kindergarten through eighth grade from Absecon, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For grades 9-12, public school students from Absecon attend the Pleasantville High School in Pleasantville as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Pleasantville Public Schools, with students also eligible to attend the Atlantic County Institute of Technology and Charter-Tech High School for the Performing Arts.
- Elementary School
- H. Ashton Marsh Elementary School (K-5; 577 students)
- Joseph N. Giardina - Principal
- Middle School
- Emma C. Attales Middle School (6-8; 259 students)
- Andrew Webber - Principal
Core members of the district's administration are:
- James A. Giaquinto - Superintendent of Schools
- Tina Davisson - Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Board of education
- William A. Thompson, III - President
- Thomas J. Grites, Ph.D. - Vice President
- Chris Cottrell
- Keith Bennett
- Alex Corkhill
- Stan Kolbe, Jr.
- Gerald Heones
- District information for the Absecon City School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Prisament, Steve. "Taxes rising as more Absecon students opt for public high school", Shore News Today, March 10, 2011. Accessed May 23, 2011. "'The increase in high school tuition for 2011-'12 is the reason we qualified for a tuition adjustment and is the reason for our 6.1-cent tax increase,' Superintendent James Giaquinto said Monday, March 7. 'We have budgeted $363,000 for Charter Tech, $370,000 for Pleasantville High School and $375,000 for Atlantic County Institute of Technology.'"
- Data for the Absecon Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- Superintendent of School Home Page, Absecon Public Schools. Accessed February 24, 2011.
- Business Office Home Page, Absecon Public Schools. Accessed February 24, 2011.
- Absecon Board of Education Members, accessed February 24, 2011.
- Absecon Public School District Website
- Absecon Public School District's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Absecon Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics