From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up absolute or Absolute in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikisource has the text of the 1921 Collier's Encyclopedia article Absolute.|
Absolute may refer to:
Science, mathematics, law, politics and philosophy
- Absolute (philosophy), a concept in philosophy
- Absolute construction, a grammatical construction used in certain languages.
- Absolute defence, a factual circumstance or argument that, if proven, will end the litigation in favor of the defendant
- Absolute liability, a standard of legal liability found in tort and criminal law of various legal jurisdictions
- Absolute magnitude, the brightness of a star
- Absolute monarchy, a monarchical form of government in which the monarch's powers are not limited by a constitution or by the law
- Absolute value, a notion in mathematics, commonly a number's numerical value without regard to its sign
- Absolute zero, the lower limit of the thermodynamic temperature scale, -273.15°C
- Absoluteness in mathematical logic.
- Ultimate truth in Buddhism, (Sanskrit, paramārtha-satya, Pāli paramattha sacca, Tibetan: don-dam bden-pa), which describes the ultimate reality as sunyata, empty of concrete and inherent characteristics.
- Absolute (Aion album) by Japanese metal band Aion
- Absolute (production team), a pop music writing and production team
- Absolute (record compilation), a brand of compilation albums from EVA Records
- Absolute (Time-Life album), an R&B compilation album
- Absolute Entertainment, a video game publisher
- The Absolute (Animorphs), a book in the Animorphs series
- Absolute Radio, (formerly Virgin Radio), one of the UK's three Independent National Radio stations
- "Absolute", a song from the album The Fray by The Fray
- Absolute, an album by post-punk band The Scientists
- "Absolute", a single by Scritti Politti
- Absolute (fragrance), a fragrance substance produced via solvent extraction
- Absolut Vodka, a brand of Swedish vodka
- Absolute Manage, a systems lifecycle management software suite
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.