|City of license||London|
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom:
Virgin Media (Ch.951)
|Slogan||"The UK's only 80s Radio Station"|
|First air date||December 4, 2009|
|Format||Classic 80s hits|
|Audience share||0.4% (December 2012, )|
|Owner||TIML Radio Limited|
|Sister stations||Absolute Radio,
Absolute Classic Rock,
Absolute Radio 90s
Absolute 80s launch 
Absolute 80s launched at 7.00pm on 4 December 2009 replacing Absolute Xtreme.
The marketing plan for Absolute 80s started with targeted sampling at 80s events such as Madness, Pet Shop Boys and Depeche Mode at the O2 Arena, and Simple Minds at Wembley Arena. The first track to play on the station was (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) by the Beastie Boys.
On Friday 14 May 2010, Absolute 80s launched on Digital One national DAB digital radio.
Currently, DJs on Absolute 80s include Leona Graham, Martyn Lee, and Richie Firth. Sarah Champion hosts a live Friday night 80s show on sister station Absolute Radio that is also simulcast live on Absolute 80s. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show (Which also includes Richie Firth and Martyn Lee) from Absolute Radio is also simulcast live on Absolute 80s.
Tuning In 
- DAB Digital Radio throughout Great Britain on the Digital One Multiplex
- Freesat Channel 726
- Sky Channel 0200
- Virgin Media Channel 951
- Tryhorn, Chris (2009-11-03). "Absolute Radio to launch 80s station". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 6 November 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- "Absolute 80s to launch tomorrow". The Airwaves. 2009-12-03. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24.
- "Absolute 80s ready to launch". Radio Today. 2009-12-03.
- "Absolute readies 80s push". Marketing Week. 2009-12-02.
|This article about a radio station in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|