Abu Shusha, Haifa
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Abu Shusha (Haifa District))
|Date of depopulation||9–10 April 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Military assault by Yishuv forces|
It had a population of 720 in 1945.
- Morris, 2004, p.xviii, village #152. Also gives cause of depopulation.
- Conder, Claude Reignier and H.H. Kitchener (1881): The Survey of Western Palestine: memoirs of the topography, orography, hydrography, and archaeology. London:Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. vol 2 (p.41)
- Simha Flapan, "The Palestinian Exodus of 1948" in 16, no. 4 (Sum. 87): 3-26. Simha Flapan records HaShomer HaTzair member Eliezer Bauer, who was also a member of the Mapam Arab Department reporting during a discussion that the villagers of Abu Zrik and Abu Shusha were arrested or driven out and the villages were then destroyed.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970), Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004), The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6
- Welcome To Abu Shusha
- Abu Shusha from the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
- Abu Shusha - District of Haifa, dr Khalidi
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|