Academy Charter High School
|Academy Charter High School|
|Superintendent:||Mary Jo McKinley (Director)|
|Address:||1725 Main Street
Lake Como, NJ 07719
|Enrollment:||188 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||17.0|
|District Factor Group:||NA|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,955||50||1,661||17.7%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||52,500||47||50,669|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of Charter districts with any number of students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=77
|Academy Charter High School|
|Type||Charter public high school|
|Faculty||17.0 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Enrollment||188 (as of 2010-11)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.06:1|
Academy Charter High School is a four-year Charter public high school located in Lake Como, New Jersey, United States that operates independently of the local school district under the terms of a charter granted by the Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Education. The school serves residents of Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Neptune, Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Deal, Interlaken and Lake Como. Students are accepted at the school on a lottery basis with seats in the incoming freshman class allocated in proportion to the population of each of the participating communities; unfilled seats are then offered to residents of other communities.
Academy Charter High School opened in September 1998, and had its charter renewed in December 2006 for another five-year term. Maximum enrollment authorized by the state is 220 students.
As of the 2010-11 school year, the school had an enrollment of 188 students and 17.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.06:1. There were 81 students (43.1% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 81 (14.89% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Academy Charter High School plays independently of any conference in play under the auspices of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association.
The 2008 boys basketball team won the Central, Group I state sectional championship with a 62-55 win over Asbury Park High School in the tournament final, earning the team's first ever sectional title in their first title game.
- Data for Academy Charter High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 8, 2012.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- About ACHS..., Academy Charter High School. Accessed March 12, 2008.
- Academy Charter High School 2007 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 12, 2008.
- League Memberships – 2012-2013, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed September 26, 2012.
- 2008 Boys Basketball - Central, Group I, NJSIAA. Accessed March 12, 2008.
- Gold, Ian. "Academy Charter foils Asbury", The Star-Ledger, March 5, 2008. Accessed March 12, 2008. "Academy Charter, which won in its first appearance in a sectional final, avenged a loss to Asbury Park in the semifinals last winter."
- Academy Charter High School
- Academy Charter High School's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Academy Charter High School, National Center for Education Statistics