Academy of Korean Studies
|The Academy of Korean Studies|
|Established||June 22, 1978|
|Officer in charge||Ministry of Education & Science Technology, South Korea|
|Location||50 Unjong-dong, Bundang, Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|Affiliations||Jangseogak (장서각 藏書閣)|
Academy of Korean Studies (한국학중앙연구원, AKS) is a South Korean research and educational institute with the purpose of establishing profound research on Korean culture. It was established on June 22, 1978 by Ministry of Education & Science Technology of South Korea (교육과학기술부). The Academy has dedicated to interpreting and analyzing traditional Korean culture, defining the academic identity of Korean studies, and educating scholars.
To be distinguished from:
Journal Published by the Academy of Korean Studies
Journals NOT published by the Academy of Korean Studies
- Korean Studies, Hawaii
- Journal of Korean Studies JKS, Seattle
- Encyclopedia of Korean Culture
- Acta Koreana
- "한국학중앙연구원 (The Academy of Korean Studies 韓國學中央硏究院)" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2008-04-27.
- "Presidents's Message". The official English site. Archived from the original on 15 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-27.
- The official site in Korean
- The official site in English
- (Korean) Introducing research institutes at the Korean HIstory On-line (한국역사정보통합시스템)
|This article about a South Korean institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|