|Industry||Data center monitoring, Business service management, Security information event management, Machine-generated data analytics|
|Founders||Imin Lee and Partha Bhattacharya|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, CA, USA|
AccelOps is a company that sells a software virtual appliance for security information and event management (SIEM) and performance, availability, and change monitoring of Data Center Infrastructure from network devices, environmental equipment such as UPS, servers, storage, hypervisors, and applications.
AccelOps offers an integrated, unified and service-oriented platform for monitoring, alerting, analyzing and reporting across performance, availability, security and change management for IT service management.
AccelOps' data center and IT service management platform, presented through a Web 2.0 GUI using Adobe Flex, provides operational data collection, monitoring, predictive alerting, root-cause analysis and detailed reporting on all IT event log and performance data acrossnetwork management, systems management, applications, virtualization, vendors and technology systems.
Integrated datacenter monitoring functionality includes:
- Performance and availability monitoring
- Security Information and Event Management
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and change management
- Compliance automation
- Network visualization and enterprise search
- Identity and location management
AccelOps is short for Accelerate Operations. The Silicon Valley-based company is privately held, venture-backed and led by the team that created the Cisco Security Monitoring, Analysis, and Response System (CS-MARS) security appliance. Imin Lee and Partha Bhattacharya left Cisco Systems in 2007 and founded the company. By 2009 the company had $8 million in funding and 48 employees.
The product was described as the "best integrated security" in a marketing research report in 2012. AccelOps was selected by Gartner Group as one of the "Cool Vendors in IT Operations Management" for 2012.
- Joan Goodchild. "Network and Security Operations Convergence: A Mini-Case Study". CSO Magazine. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- AccelOps (November 29, 2012). "AccelOps Doubles Customers, Revenues for Its Integrated SIEM, Performance and Availability Software in FY 2012". News release. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "AccelOps solves problems by looking at whole data center". San Jose Business Journal. November 15, 2009. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- Ellen Messmer (June 4, 2010). "California Casualty ditches Cisco security box". Network World. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- Dennis Drogseth (December 2012). "Enterprise Management Associates Radar for Advanced Performance Analytics Use Cases: Q4 2012". Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- Milind Govekar, Ronni J. Colville and Ian Head (April 11, 2012). "Cool Vendors in IT Operations Management, 2012". Gartner.