From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Accent may refer to:
|Look up accent, accentuate, or accentuation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Speech and language
- Accent (sociolinguistics), way of pronunciation by a speaker with shared characteristic of a certain locality within the community
- Accent (phonetics), prominence given to a particular syllable in a word, or a word in a phrase
- Accent (poetry), placement of prominent syllables in scansion
- Diacritic or accent mark, a mark added to a letter to indicate sound value
- Accentus (fallacy) or Fallacy of accent, a logical fallacy related to Reification (fallacy)
- Accent (art), an emphasis on a lighter portion of a drawing; where the light hits an object and brightens it in contrast to the subject.
- Aeros Accent, a paraglider
- Hyundai Accent, car produced by Hyundai Motor Company
- Accent Records, a record label
- ACCENT Speakers Bureau, a student-run organization at the University of Florida
- Brand name for monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Accentuation, an increase in intensity of a heart murmur
- All pages beginning with "Accent"
- All pages with titles containing "Accent"
- Accentuate the Positive, 1944 song written by Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer
- Accenture, company
- Accentor, bird species
- Accentor class minesweeper, ship
- Ascent (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.