||It has been suggested that this article be merged into The Access Group. (Discuss) Proposed since August 2013.|
|Successor(s)||The Access Group|
|Headquarters||Stratford St Mary, UK|
|Products||Foundations, Horizons, Dimensions, Dimensions Lite, Supply Chain (ERP)|
Access Accounting Ltd was a business software company formed in 1991 to provide accounting software to the UK and Irish mid-market. In June 2009, Access Accounting, along with related interests, was absorbed into Access Group.
1991-1995: Early Development
Access Accounting’s first product, Access Foundations, was marketed as an entry-level accounting package. Access Accounting then launched its first Windows-developed product, Access Horizons, to provide full multi-currency trading options.
1996 - 2005
In 1996, Access Accounting developed its flagship software package, Access Dimensions, offering Client/Server architecture in mid-market accounting systems. In 1998, the company developed its Transaction Broker, a middleware application to facilitate integration at mid-market level. This was followed by the release of Access Dimensions Lite, in 2001.
In 2004 the company acquired ERP solutions provider Access Supply Chain (formerly Pumasoft) and London-based reseller Asyst Solutions. In 2005 Access Accounting acquired Access Accounting Ireland.
Using add-in technology, the company was able to release an accounting package with in-built business intelligence.
2006 - 2009
Access Accounting marketed three significant software releases in 2006: integrated CRM, Dimensions Manufacturing/BoM (Bill of Materials) and Access Analytics ‘data cube’ technology. This was followed by the release of a reverse charge VAT upgrade in readiness for the Government’s new legislation to combat carousel fraud (2007).
In 2008, Access Accounting released Accounting for Carbon Emissions (ACE). By allowing a business to collect its carbon emissions data at source, the company had developed a solution for measuring a business’ carbon emissions.
Following the acquisition of Armstrong Consultants in 2009, Access Accounting added web-enabled software to its portfolio. From June 2009, all Access Accounting products became part of the Access Group software portfolio.
- Accountancy Age Awards 2005 — Mid-tier Software Package of the Year 
- Real FD/CBI FDs' Excellence Awards 2007 — Financial Software Provider of the Year 
- Best of British Manufacturing IT Awards 2007 — Best use of IT in Supply Chain Management 
- Sift Media Business Software Satisfaction Awards 2007 — Mid-range Accounting Software 
- Construction Computing Awards 2006/8 — Construction Accounting Software of the Year 
- Green Business Awards 2008 — Best New Product (Highly Commended)
- Sift Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2008 — Mid-range Accounting Software Category 2008 
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 — Mid-tier Software of the Year 
- FrontRange Solutions Best Performing Partner, Top 10 Worldwide (2008 and 2009) 
- Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2008 — Mid-range Accounting Software Category 2008 
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 — Mid-tier Software of the Year