Accident on Hill Road
|Accident on Hill Road|
|Directed by||Mahesh Nair|
|Produced by||Nari Hira|
|Story by||Mahesh Nair
|Music by||Raju Singh|
|Edited by||Amit Parmar|
|Distributed by||Magna Film Production|
Accident on Hill Road is a 2009 Bollywood film, directed by Mahesh Nair and produced by Nari Hira, starring Farooq Sheikh, Abhimanyu Singh, Celina Jaitley. The film is an authorised remake of the 2007 Hollywood film Stuck which is in turn based on the true story of Chante Mallard.
When Sonam (Celina Jaitley) runs over a man Prakash (Farooq Sheikh) on her way home from a party one night she tries to dispose of him so no one will find out. She enlists the help of her drug dealer boyfriend Sid (Abhimanyu Singh). As soon as Sid begins to help the plan goes in an unexpected direction. It is now revealed that Prakash is alive. He, however plasters himself for sometime following to his injuries. Now Sonam finds out that Prakash is alive. To avoid a police case or any other hazard, she plans to kill him at any cost.
- Farooq Sheikh as Prakash Shrivastava
- Abhimanyu Singh as Sid
- Celina Jaitley as Sonam Chopra
- Manmeet Singh as Cab driver
Accident on Hill Road received mostly negative reviews from critics. Rajeev Masand said the film is "unintentionally comical", Taran Adarsh gave it only one star out of five and Nithya Ramani of Rediff called it "a terrible excuse for a film".
- Creepshow 2, a 1987 movie with a scene, The Hitch-hiker, in which a similar vehicular homicide was portrayed where the zombie-like victim followed the driver all the way back to her garage.
- Bollywood Trade News Network (8 January 2009). "Interview : Mahesh Nair". Glam Sham.com. Archived from the original on 12 January 2010. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- Masand, Rajeev (1 January 2010). "Accident on Hill Road a test of endurance". CNN-IBN. Archived from the original on 4 January 2010. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- Christy Lemire (9 June 2008). "'Stuck' looks at true story of 2001 Texas car crash with dark humour". CTV News. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- Taran Adarsh (31 December 2009). "Accident on Hill Road". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 3 January 2010. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- Nithya Ramani (31 December 2009). "Stay away from Accident on Hill Road". Rediff. Archived from the original on 16 January 2010. Retrieved 10 January 2010.