May 24, 1982 |
|Occupation||Film & Video Director|
Ace Norton (born May 24, 1982 in Venice, Los Angeles, California) is an award winning filmmaker and artist born and raised in Venice, California. Norton creates visuals on a variety of media platforms including music videos, commercials, fashion films, and movies. Norton also is known for his drawings, sculptures, and frequently commissioned installation work.
As a third generation filmmaker, Norton would spend most of his childhood making films. By the end of his high school career, he had written and directed dozens of short films. Ace attended the University of Southern California (USC) School of Cinema, in their film production program, and shortly thereafter, started a small production company out of his house with a number of his closest film school friends called, Commondeer.
Since then, Norton has directed over eighty music videos, television commercials, and short films. His prolific body of work includes campaigns for Honda, Coca-Cola, Adidas, Gap, Dolby, T-Mobile and Vans, and music videos for Foster The People, Jennifer Lopez, Death Cab for Cutie, Scissor Sisters, Norah Jones, Bloc Party, Simian Mobile Disco, Regina Spektor, Aesop Rock and Sebastien Tellier.
Norton’s work has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, the Huffington Post, Nylon, Interview Magazine, Anthem, Boards, Promo Magazine and others. He was nominated for “Director of the Year” at the MVPA for his video “Hustler,” by Simian Mobile Disco. This also won “Video of the Year” at the ViMus Music Video Awards and is listed as one of the “Top 100 Music Videos of All Time” by NME.
Norton's work for Death Cab for Cutie was nominated for a Grammy. His films and videos have also been shown at the Los Angeles Film Festival, SXSW, and festivals in Berlin, Venice, Japan and England. Norton has served as the president of the jury at the Off Film Festival in Venice, Italy and was a keynote speaker at both LAMVF and in Berlin. Norton also directed a PSA for the 2008 Barack Obama campaign with close friend, actor Emile Hirsch.
Norton is developing several feature film projects, represented by Creative Artist Agency.
- Coke Zero Commercial (2010)
- Set of Gap Commercial's (2009)
- Orbit Gum Commercial (2009)
- Yoplait "GoGurt Yogurt In A Tube" (2009)
- Vans "Dogtown"
- McDonald's "Flip Flop" (2005)
- Honda Civic Hybrid "Ecosystems" (2005)
- Coca Cola "Minis" (2006)
- Coca Cola "Summer" (2006)
- Honda Civic "Choices" (2006)
- Ray Ban Sunglasses "Chop" (2007)
- Champion "farm" (2007)
- Champion "city"(2007)
- Champion "mermaid" (2007)
- Alice (2008)
- Honda Element, (2008)
- Powertape (2008) (6 commercials)
- T-Mobile (2009)
- Orbit (2009)
- Adidas (2010)
- Pfizer (2011)
- Happy Socks feat Snoop Dogg (2014)
- Rhie 2014 "The Purgatory of Monotony" (2014)
- Jenni Kayne -(2013)
- Rhie' - "The Bad Boy" (2013)
- Funny or Die "9 Lives" episode (2010)
- Dewana's Bridal - starring Jaime King and Kick Gurry (2009)
- Electronic Beats - "Soundscapes" (2008)
- Powertape Short - "Oblivions Corner"-Starring Charles Spano (2009)
- Wake up Call - starring Emile Hirsch (2008)
- God Bless Bloc Party (Documentary) (2005) 
- Video of the Year - Vimus Video Awards 2008 - Simian Mobile Disco 'Hustler'
- Nomination: Director of the Year MVPA 2008 
- NME “100 Greatest Music Videos of All Time”- Simian Mobile Disco 'Hustler'
- AICP Award Winner- Honda Hybrid “Ecosystems”
- GRAMMY nomination- “Best Music Video, Long Form”-”Directions”
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (May 2014)|