|Name (official)||Acharya Mahāprajña|
|Born||14 June 1920
Tamkor, Rajasthan, India
|Died||9 May 2010
Sardarshahar Rajasthan, India
|Cremation place||[under construction by terapanth mahasabha]|
|Parents||Tola Ram Choraria (Jain)(father) & Baluji (Mother)|
|New name given||Muni Nathmal|
|Initiated by||Shrimad Kalu Gani|
|Initiated at||Sardarshahar Rajasthan, India|
|Initiated on||29 January 1931|
|Preceded by||Acharya Tulsi|
|Succeeded by||Acharya Mahashraman|
|Part of a series on|
Mahāprajña or Mahapragya (1920-2010) was the tenth Acharya or supreme head of the Svetambar Terapanth sect of Jainism. He ran a project called Ahimsa Yatra to promote ahimsa, an Indian concept of nonviolence. In 1995 he succeeded Acharya Tulsi as the leader of the Terapanth sect and Anuvrat Movement.
Initiation into monkhood (Jain Asceticism): 29 January 1931, at Sardarsahar (Rajasthan). Named as Muni Nathmal.
Guru-Initiator: Acharya Shri Kalu Gani, The 8th Acharya i.e. the supreme head & preceptor of the religious order of Jain Shwetambara Terapanth.
Guru-Educator: Acharya Shri Tulsi, The 9th Acharya of the religious order of Jain Shwetambra Terapanth.
- List of religious leaders in 2007
- List of Jains
- Acharya Bhikshu
- Sadhvi Kanakprabha
- Jain Vishva Bharti Institute, Ladnun
- Chapple, Christopher Key (2007). "4 Jainism and Buddhism". In Dale Jamieson. A Companion to Environmental Philosophy. Blackwell Companions to Philosophy. Blackwell Publishing. p. 54. ISBN 140510659X. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "Safeguard country's cultural heritage: Shekhawat". The Times of India. 2003-10-21. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Fisher, Mary Pat (1997). Living Religions: An Encyclopaedia of the World's Faiths (revised, illustrated ed.). I.B.Tauris. pp. 124–125. ISBN 1860641482. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- The A to Z of Jainism de Kristi L. Wiley edited by Vision Books, page 131, ISBN 8170946816
- Historical Dictionary of Jainism Kristi L. Wiley, Scarecrow Press, 2004, p. XVI
- "Ahimsa Day 2008".
- "JVB International Reflections". Jain Vishwa Bharti.
- Acharya Mahapragya passes away, The Hindu, May 10, 2010, http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-otherstates/acharya-mahapragya-passes-away/article764398.ece
- Tenth Acharya of Jain Swetembar Terapanth passes away TNN May 10, 2010 http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-05-10/jaipur/28305368_1_jodhpur-guru-followers
- "Acharya Mahapragya passes away". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 10 May 2010.
- "Tenth Acharya of Jain Swetembar Terapanth passes away - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
|This Jainism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|