|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2008)|
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (January 2014)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Malvan, Kankavli|
A lot of families from the Chitpavan community claim that Achra is their native town. Most of population in Achra is from the Bhandari community. Most Bhandari families here have surnames like Gaonkar, Pange, Patil Dnyneshwar, Malvankar, Pednekar, Achrekar, Moravekar, Wadekar, and Joshi, to name just a few. Though there are many more surnames in Bhandari families.
Achra is a center for cultural activities and has produced many veterans[clarification needed] like
- Ramakant Achrekar, the coach of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar
- Ramakant Achrekar. Ramakant sir received Dronacharya award from Indian government
- Padmashri M.R Acharekar, artist and film director
- Pandit Bhargavram Achrekar
- Pandit Vasant Acharekar, tabla player who played with many classical singers like Bal Gandharva, Kumar Gandharva, and Malini Rajurkar.
|This Sindhudurg district, Maharashtra, India location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|