|• Total||8,070.6 km2 (3,116.1 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.17/km2 (0.44/sq mi)|
|• Official||Oriya, Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||981 ♂/♀|
Achuli is a village in Purushottampur block, Ganjam District, Orissa, India. Its village code is 118336. It is one of the 25 villages that fall under the Purushottampur block. Achuli is located 3.4 km from Purushottampur, 20.9 km from Chatrapur, and 129 km from Bhubaneswar.
This village has a fairly small population of 1357 persons, 683 males and 674 females. Achuli has a state-run primary school that accommodates pupils ages 5 to 10 (class 1st to 5th). The local elections are held in Khalikote (SC) Assembly Constituency (Aska Loksabha, Orissa).
Central government schemes
Nearby tourist places
Taratarini Temple is approximately 4 km from the village, on the way to Brahmapur. The twin goddesses Tara and Tarini are worshiped as manifestations of Adi Shakti. The Taratarini Hill Shrine is one of the oldest pilgrimage centers of Mother Goddess and is one amongst four major ancient Shakti Peethas in India. It is also a wonderful tourist spot. The best time to visit is from October to February.
- Purushottampur Block, Pincode.net.in
- Prevalence of Wuchereria bancrofti infection in some coastal villages of Ganjam, Orissa, CabDirect
- National village panchayat directory figuring Panchayat Names of Ganjam ,Odhisa.
- Integrated Management Information System (IMIS), Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Government of Odisha website
- Census India, 2006
- 2011 Population census of Ganjam Block, Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India
- Achuli Primary School, Wikimapia
- Khalikote (SC) Assembly Constituency, India Study Chanel
- Integrated Management Information System, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act - Bharat Nirman Rajeev Gandhi Sewa Kendra
- Accessing the Divine Feminine Shakti Cult Worship at the Mother Goddess Kamakhya and Maa Taratarini Shaktipitha Temples, Skidmore University Graduate Paper