Acorn Media UK
|Founded||London, England, in 1997|
|Founder(s)||Acorn Media Group|
|Headquarters||Covent Garden, London, England, United Kingdom|
|Number of locations||55 Drury Lane, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5SQ|
|Area served||United Kingdom|
|Key people|| • Miguel Penella (Chief Executive Officer, Acorn Media Group)
• John Lorenz (Vice Chairman, Acorn Media Group)
• Peter Edwards (Founder and Chairman, Acorn Media Group)
• Paul Holland (Managing Director, Acorn Media UK)
• Karin Marelle (Acquisitions & Commercial Director, Acorn Media UK)
The company was founded in 1997 when Lesley Fromant set up a branch of parent company Acorn Media Group in the United Kingdom.
In 2009, the company was, according to figures produced by the Official Charts Company shown to be one of the top-five fastest-growing DVD companies in the UK.
In the market-share data for the second quarter of 2010, the company recorded its highest-ever share of the UK market.
The company publishes television titles (in either individual or box-set formats) including:
- Above Suspicion
- Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime
- Bad Girls
- Criminal Justice
- Down to Earth
- Father Dowling Investigates
- Footballers' Wives
- Foyle's War
- Garrow's Law
- Inspector George Gently
- The Inspector Lynley Mysteries
- Midsomer Murders
- New Tricks
- Queer as Folk
- Trial & Retribution
- Waterloo Road
- When the Boat Comes In
- Wild at Heart
- Line of Duty
- The Fall
- The Smoke
- The Tunnel
- Doc Martin
- Antiques Roadshow (UK edition)
- Apollo 11 anniversary DVD
- Britain's Best Drives
- Coal House
- Extreme Fishing with Robson Green
- Edwardian Farm
- Fred Dibnah's Steam collection, Railway collection
- Julia Bradbury Wainwright' Walks, Coast to Coast, Railway Walks
- Oz and Huw Raise the Bar
- Oz and James's Big Wine Adventure
- Victorian Farm
- Who Do You Think You Are? (UK edition)
- "Acorn Media". acornmedia.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Acorn Media DVDs & Blu-rays". moviemail.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Acorn Media UK Limited | Private Company Financial Research ...". privco.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Jensen, Elizabeth. "Home Video Company Cashing In on British Revivals". nytimes.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Acorn Media (Blu-ray) | DVD Empire". dvdempire.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.