Acsenda School of Management - Vancouver
|Acsenda School of Management - Vancouver|
|Motto||International Thinking. Individual Focus.|
|Chancellor||Honorable A. Brian Peckford (P. C., LLD)|
|President||Dr. Lindsay Redpath|
|Location||Vancouver, B.C., Canada|
Acsenda School of Management - Vancouver (Acsenda), formerly known as Sprott Shaw Degree College, is a private, for-profit Canadian degree college headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Patrick Dang was president of Acsenda from 2010 until 2014. Dr. Lindsay Redpath took over as President in 2014.
The school was founded in 2004 as Sprott-Shaw Degree College. In 2013, Sprott-Shaw Degree College was renamed Acsenda School of Management - Vancouver. Acsenda's BBA program is approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education as of 2004.
In December 2007, Dean Duperron sold Sprott-Shaw Community College to CIBT Education Group Inc. for 12 million dollars. Both Sprott Shaw College and Acsenda now operate under the legal name of Sprott-Shaw Degree College Inc.
Since 2010, Patrick Dang has been the President of Acsenda. (see Financial Statements)
Acsenda offers Bachelor of Business Administration degrees and Advanced Diplomas in Business Administration. Acsenda's entrance requirements are grades of C+ or higher. (In comparison, major BC universities' GPA requirements are low 80s for UBC Vancouver and mid-70s for UBC Okanagan, 70% to 80% for UVic, and 80% to 90% for SFU.) Students complete 120 credits for the BBA program, or 40 courses at 3 credits per course. There are four terms per academic year. Acsenda is listed in the British Columbia Credit Transfer system under its former name (Sprott Shaw Degree College) as of May 2013. Acsenda is listed as both a "recipient" and a "sender" of transferable university credits.
The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC), a unit of the Council of Ministers of Education of Canada (CMEC), lists Acsenda under its former name as of May 2013 as a "recognized and authorized postsecondary institution”.
Acsenda's Vancouver campus is located on the ninth floor at 1090 West Pender Street in downtown Vancouver as of 2013. It moved from its previous location at 728 Granville Street in March 2013.
- "Acsenda Academic Council, 2013". acsenda.com. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Announcing the appointment of Dr. Lindsay Redpath, Ph.D.". Acsenda.com. Retrieved 2014-05-15.
- "Acsenda BBA Program". Acsenda.com. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Acsenda Admission Requirements". Acsenda.com. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Admission criteria - you@UBC". You.ubc.ca. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Admission Average Cutoffs". Registrar.uvic.ca. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Canadian high school - Admission Requirements". Students.sfu.ca. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- Acsenda Page in BC Transfer Guide
- "Registry of EQA Institutions | BC - Education Quality Assurance". Bceqa.ca. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Degree Quality Assessment Board" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Canadian Information Centre for International Credential - Centre d'information Canadien sur les diplômes internationaux". Cicic.ca. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "CICDI - Sprott-Shaw Degree College". Cicic.ca. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "BC Ministry of Advanced Education". aved.gov.bc.ca. 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2013-05-06.