|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|Genres||Synthpop, pop rock|
|Past members||Thomas Leer
Act were a short-lived synthpop group signed to ZTT Records in the late 1980s, and comprising British musician Thomas Leer and German ex-Propaganda vocalist Claudia Brücken. Besides synthpop and disco, the group were also influenced by psychedelic rock and musical theatre. Lyrically, their songs tended to be concerned with decadence and the moral bankruptcy. The band dissolved shortly after the release of their first album Laughter, Tears and Rage in 1988.
All albums and singles were released by ZTT Records.
- "Snobbery and Decay" (1987) UK No. 60, Italy No. 38
- "Absolutely Immune" (1987)
- "Chance" (1988) (single withdrawn prior to release, due to copyright issues surrounding an Abba sample)
- "I Can't Escape from You" (1988)
- Gibbs, Graeme M (2004). Laughter, Tears and Rage - The Anthology (booklet). Act. ZTT Records. ZTT185CDX.