|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Acta Biotheor.|
|Edited by||D.J. Kornet|
|Publisher||Springer Science+Business Media|
Acta Biotheoretica: Mathematical and philosophical foundations of biological and biomedical science is a quarterly peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Springer Science+Business Media. It is the official journal of the Jan van der Hoeven Society for Theoretical Biology. The editor-in-chief is D.J. Kornet (Leiden University).
Aims and scope
The journal's focus is theoretical biology which includes mathematical representation, treatment, and modeling for simulations and quantitative descriptions. The journal's focus also includes the philosophy of biology which emphasizes looking at the methods developed to form biological theory. Topical coverage also includes biomathematics, computational biology, genetics, ecology, and morphology.
Abstracting and indexing
This journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Science Citation Index
- The Zoological Record
- Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- CAB Abstracts
- Global Health
- Academic OneFile
- Astrophysics Data System
- Current Index to Statistics
- International Bibliographic Information on Dietary Supplements
- INIS - Atomindex
- The Philosopher's Index
- Reydon, Thomas A. C.; Dullemeijer, Piet; Hemerik, Lia (2005). "The History of Acta Biotheoretica and the Nature of Theoretical Biology". In Reydon, Thomas A.C.; Hemerik, Lia. Current Themes in Theoretical Biology: A Dutch Perspective. Springer Netherlands. pp. 1–8. doi:10.1007/1-4020-2904-7_1. ISBN 978-1-4020-2901-1. OCLC 209840350.